Holiday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Godfather

Holiday

Post by Godfather »

Should I risk going on holiday this summer? - we have been getting roughly 59% in our mocks held by our tuition centre...
yoyo123

Re: Holiday

Post by yoyo123 »

Of, course you should.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

yoyo123 wrote:Of, course you should.
Agreed absolutely. I thought this was going to be a terrorism related question!
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Absolutely.
We did and DD also had a week away with her grandparents.

They are children and like us, sometimes need a break to recharge batteries.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Godfather wrote:Should I risk going on holiday this summer? - we have been getting roughly 59% in our mocks held by our tuition centre...
I like the "we".

It shows how much commitment and involvement families have in the process.

Yoyo is right everyone needs a break and most people cannot keep the momentum going through the whole summer.

My problem is that I have a holiday booked in August for my wife, myself and youngest in Southern Turkey.The news which is alarming is the sacking of almost 3000 judges and prosecutors so what rule of law will remain.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Anyone doing the 11 plus in the autumn needs a break - amazing what a holiday can do! Nobody can keep going without a break, particularly kids.

Quasimodo - any chance of changing to go somewhere else? Must say I never fancied Turkey for a holiday (but then Munster family rarely leave the UK - some of the passports are out of date now :lol: ) but reckon I would be less keen now - bit like the assorted Greek coups of the late '60's - never could be sure who was in charge
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I have two friends currently in turkey at the moment. (They don't know each other, separate places etc). Both are posting photos of them relaxing by the pool, sitting in the beach etc.
Friday was a bit hair raising but they are all now enjoying their holiday.

Best thing to do is see if the FCO advice.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

hermanmunster wrote:Anyone doing the 11 plus in the autumn needs a break - amazing what a holiday can do! Nobody can keep going without a break, particularly kids.

Quasimodo - any chance of changing to go somewhere else? Must say I never fancied Turkey for a holiday (but then Munster family rarely leave the UK - some of the passports are out of date now :lol: ) but reckon I would be less keen now - bit like the assorted Greek coups of the late '60's - never could be sure who was in charge
Will try on Monday.The problem is that the foreign office advice for the area in Turkey we are travelling to may prohibit a cancellation.Most of these tourist areas in the South voted for the opposition in the presidential elections.I was hoping my youngest could go tandem paragliding off a mountain a couple of thousand metres high, as me and my wife did a decade back.My knees with the weight behind it couldn't take any impact now. :D
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Godfather wrote:Should I risk going on holiday this summer? - we have been getting roughly 59% in our mocks held by our tuition centre...
Yes, of course, a holiday will do you good! The run-up to 11+ is very intense and everyone needs a break - both parents and children. An incremental benefit of 2 weeks of staying at home and resenting revision while other children are splashing in a pool somewhere nice would most likely be negligible, if any. Much better to have a rest and pick up again with renewed energy. :D
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Just my opinion go on holiday after 11 plus these 10 weeks are crucial - u won't get these back. Holiday will interrupt routine and u are better if not risking it. U should already do outside non11 recreation. Also if child is not bright then only hard work and
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now