Holiday Help!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

IonaM

Holiday Help!

Post by IonaM »

Hi all,

This is my first post. My DD is sitting the CEM 11+ at Woodford Girls and we're also considering applying to Latymer. I was a late starter but we have had some great help from a tutor since Feb, and my DD has also been going to the local 11+ sessions at Explore. She is doing really well despite the obvious challenges of having a mum who didn't catch on to the need to be focused and driven on her behalf until a little late in the day. I think her NVR and VR are improving at a steady rate. Her English is her strongest subject, but Im a little worried about the Maths. At this stage what materials could I use to assess her gaps and then help her prepare strategically for the test in Sept?

We are going camping for the last week of August and Im also wondering what resources I could take with us to keep up the momentum and support her in the final push?

Your seasoned advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
salsa

Re: Holiday Help!

Post by salsa »

Welcome! I think it would be best if you get your post moved to the region you are interested in so that people can best advice as to what materials to use. We are also doing CEM, but in Bexley and are using CGP, Bond, Letts and First Past the Post (from this site).
Although it's the same exam providers, the levels of difficulty vary.

What does your tutor recommend? Is your tutor experienced?

About the holiday, some people have a complete brake, others do a little bit of work or play lots of games which can help, for example, Scrabble.

Best of luck!

Salsa