vacant seats for warwickshire school buses

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mrs Snooze

vacant seats for warwickshire school buses

Post by Mrs Snooze »

Has anyone heard yet if their child has been allocated a seat on a school bus under the vacant seat scheme?

I have one DS on a school bus already to AGS from Henley (under the old rules) but waiting to find out if number two will be travelling with him.

I had a letter back in July saying the application was received and I would hear in due course ...

If I need to make alternative arrangements I need to get planning!
Warks mum

Re: vacant seats for warwickshire school buses

Post by Warks mum »

It's been a while since I needed to contact them, but in the past the people on the end of the phone at Warwickshire County Council were very helpful. It might be worth calling them to see what's happening:

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/contactusschooltransport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

Hi there, I too am waiting to hear....it's pretty critical really. Not sure how we will get our DS there every day, if he doesn't get a seat.

I spoke to someone at Warks CC a couple of weeks ago, and she stated we should hear "mid August". So hopefully it won't be long now!

Keeping everything crossed!
Kipan

Post by Kipan »

Heard about our bus place today. Got one but not on the bus we wanted - will have to drive over 3 miles away from the direction of Alcester for this one, instead of 2 miles in the right direction for the one we applied for.

Can I assume there's no point in begging to get on the other one?! I suppose I should feel happy that we have the option of transport but at the moment feeling a little frustrated!
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

I called WCC last week and they said DS2 had got a bus place on a current bus but bus number may change. Recieved the bus pass today and it still has the current bus on it - but it still may change. DS1's bus number and bus company changed twice I think during year 7, then the route, number and time was changes for year 8. WCC do normally send a letter with changes throughout the year.