Highgate results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
londonparent

Highgate results

Post by londonparent »

I am just having a lastminute rethink whethe or not to consider Highgate, whilst I await grammar schools results tomorrow and having managed to convince the other school we are keen on that we can answer tomorrow
Does anyone know whether Highgate has a bad year in 07 as I noticed their A level results were not as good as some other schools (Channing), but yet they seem to have got more Oxbridge places (as a %)
last minute thing is awful - but I guess this is one indecisive parents end up being when generally schools are all v good
beenherebeforebutnoeasier

Post by beenherebeforebutnoeasier »

if your child is determined enough to read medicine at Oxbridge I honestly think they've as good a chance as any at any of your choices. And in seven years all the results will have shifted a little and schools may have moved a little up and down the league tables -these things are affected by whether boys schools have popular co-ed sixth forms, and girls decamp etc etc. Some of the state schools will do as well. It is about being happy at the school too.
nailbiter

Post by nailbiter »

lp, both channing and highgate are excellent academically highly selective schools. one is not significantly different from the other in terms of results. in other ways these are two very different schools...... you have to look in the round and think what is going to best suit your dd..... as well as practicalities like journey time etc. good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now