CRGS PE kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Minesatea

CRGS PE kit

Post by Minesatea »

The PE kit has changed since DS1s time. The booklet still states that "games shirts should have his name displayed on the outside of the shirt, above the chest, on the left". The new style PE kit shirts however all have an embroidered badge at the level I would interpret this as , so have other people gone for above or below the school crest? Also have you gone for full name or just surname? I tried asking DS who shrugged and said most people don't bother but I assume he means higher up the school rather than year 7!
KB

Re: CRGS PE kit

Post by KB »

I seem to remember many moons ago that a games teacher did moan at boys who didn't have it so probably is worth doing in year 7.

I don't think I'd worry about the details though. Just make sure it's big enough for a teacher to actually read.

There were always jokes about it being for when you got knocked out at rugby ;) but I suspect that once the teachers know you it doesn't matter which is why after year 7 no one bothers when they get new kit.

Hope the new start goes well.
Two-at-once

Post by Two-at-once »

Coes told me that they don't embroider the names so I assumed we didn't need to do anything and the kit list in the booklet just contained some out of date information! I then checked with someone about to go into year 8 and they said no-one had it last year. I think I'll leave it and see if it's mentioned if they have a kit check? I'm surprised they would want to risk all different styles and sizes of names added to the smart pe shirts! I'm probably going to add this to my list of little worries for Monday now.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I don't remembered it being mentioned at the parent's induction evening either, whereas I am sure it was in DS1s time.
Hope the new start goes well.
Thanks, nowhere near as organised this time though, as you can probably tell!
KB

Post by KB »

Maybe no one gets knocked out at rugby these days - health & safety probably don't allow it :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now