Riff raff (for a laugh)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Riff raff (for a laugh)

Post by Amber »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 0909113564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mad?

Re: Riff raff (for a laugh)

Post by mad? »

Love this, although having listened to Theresa May today I am surprised that she didn't suggest it more overtly :roll:
mad?
Amber

Post by Amber »

mad? wrote:Love this, although having listened to Theresa May today I am surprised that she didn't suggest it more overtly :roll:
I'm afraid I can't listen to her, so you are one better than me. I have gone into ostrich mode over English politics now. I can't bear it.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-37311023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Looks like many independent schools would be horrified by this development.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Amber wrote:
mad? wrote:Love this, although having listened to Theresa May today I am surprised that she didn't suggest it more overtly :roll:
I'm afraid I can't listen to her, so you are one better than me. I have gone into ostrich mode over English politics now. I can't bear it.
Ditto. Luckily the paralympics can distract me for a bit at the moment. Unfortunately being married to a politics teacher and having one politics-obsessed child means I can't always escape...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Opportunities for a new 11+ test I think :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Brought to mind a medical school sketch (from several decades ago) where the ultimate drug (placebalol) had been developed and it cured EVERYTHING so that there was simply very little for doctors to do ... unless they "created" their own patients. Cue the med school interviews where teenagers had to explain, not how they got 4A* but how they could produce the most patients. :shock: :oops:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:Brought to mind a medical school sketch (from several decades ago) where the ultimate drug (placebalol) had been developed and it cured EVERYTHING so that there was simply very little for doctors to do ... unless they "created" their own patients. Cue the med school interviews where teenagers had to explain, not how they got 4A* but how they could produce the most patients. :shock: :oops:
I do hope they set up a suitable randomised controlled trial to compare it against the existing gold standard, Panacealol?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... mar-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now