Kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Godfather

Kent test

Post by Godfather »

Just done Kent test - maths and spatial reason a bit tricky but no time pressures like Bexley mocks
grgygirl

Re: Kent test

Post by grgygirl »

So glad it's over. De found timings on nvr tricky and had to guess a fair few. Said the rest was 'fine' with no other details whatsoever! Very frustrating. Now the loooong wait for the results. Am sure I read others found the maths hard but can't seem to find that thread now.
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

when does bexley and kent results come out?

And is it true school gets it before
salsa

Post by salsa »

Bexley 13th October by letter.
Kent also 13th by email and by letter the following day.

The schools find out first about Kent, in case they need to appeal and I'm not sure about Bexley.

Salsa
lefol

Post by lefol »

Same feedback from DS regarding the non verbal and spatial reasoning section . Quick question - if they do well on the verbal reasoning section can it compensate for poor marks on spatial and non verbal reasoning ?
punkeson

Post by punkeson »

Hi Lefo, as far as I know for Kent, the NVR, VR and SR marks are combined so yes I think if you had good marks in two of the three then it would compensate for a lower mark in the other.
X
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I don't know about Bexley, but in Kent we do know beforehand. The head can then send in evidence from school work , if they feel the candidate really should have passed. Many children are judged as being deemed suitable for grammar, even though they "failed" the test. They and their parents never know. And rightly so.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

lefol wrote:Same feedback from DS regarding the non verbal and spatial reasoning section . Quick question - if they do well on the verbal reasoning section can it compensate for poor marks on spatial and non verbal reasoning ?
Short answer: Yes. I believe so.

Long answer: Kent has three scores, Maths, English and Reasoning. Last year it was required to get a minimum of 106 in any single of these three divisions, but in 2013 it was a lot higher. I believe VR, spatial and NVR all come under the banner of Reasoning (someone come along and correct me?) so in theory one strong area will compensate for the others but they are very small amounts in the grand scheme of things. I am sure in the maths section it is similar where some DCs have strengths with some types of maths over other types.

Last year DD was quite mediocre on the spatial reasoning, she regularly got about a third of the questions wrong in sample tests but everything else was really good and we just couldn't get past the hurdle of the spatial so we agreed that she should just do her best and it turned out that the result was pretty fantastic. Saying that our tests for spatial were limited as there weren't too many knocking about!
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

If you also look at the raw marks required for top standardised scores (posted on a different thread), Maths and English seem to have gone past the 90% mark but Reasoning was 85%. While this may change slightly for the current cohort, it does give us the idea that they will be ok even if they lose a few more marks in Reasoning than in Maths and English.
lefol

Post by lefol »

Thanks for all your replies . St Olaves this weekend and bexley next weekend and hopefully some rest for our overworked DCs until the results .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now