Tutor for Maths - PM please

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

njoseph

Tutor for Maths - PM please

Post by njoseph »

My DD is in the final year of her GCSE now. However, she seems to have lost confidence in maths and not doing as great as she is capable of. I could have helped her at home but I have a really hectic work schedule this year. Having gone through 11 plus prep with two children, I thought it is the right time for some additional help with mathematics. Any recommendations for tutor in Isleworth/Hounslow East area please?
Guest55

Re: Tutor for Maths - PM please

Post by Guest55 »

What is school providing? Most have help sessions and many revision sessions for Year 11 - check what is on offer for free first.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I would certainly talk to her teacher first and find out when she is due to finish the syllabus. You may find that she will finish the syllabus in the next few weeks and then spend the remainder of the year consolidating and revising.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Also do check they have access to the new exam board resources which are only open to teachers. With the huge changes in the syllabus many tutors may not be up to speed.
njoseph

Post by njoseph »

Thanks for all the useeful tips. I would speak to her maths teacher. However, if someone knows about a really good tutor, please let me know. Thank you
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now