How was St.Olaves Exam Today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miracle

How was St.Olaves Exam Today?

Post by miracle »

My DS found it very hard NVR section and Maths was also hard with few guess.. how did your DC found the exam?
grgygirl

Re: How was St.Olaves Exam Today?

Post by grgygirl »

Exactly the same for my ds too. Short but hard and the sheer number of boys (1200+ today apparently) was very daunting. It was well organised though the parking/traffic was terrible. We only just made it despite leaving in plenty of time.
Any idea when the results come out?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

grgygirl wrote:Exactly the same for my ds too. Short but hard and the sheer number of boys (1200+ today apparently) was very daunting. It was well organised though the parking/traffic was terrible. We only just made it despite leaving in plenty of time.
Any idea when the results come out?
The admissions policy says 'in October', but also, helpfully, before you need to submit you CAF - so sometime between the 1st and the 31st :shock: . I have no horse in this race, so to speak, but I would be tempted to have my 'pass' list and 'plan B' list set as soon as possible, in case it turns out to be uncomfortably close to the latter date.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

I vaguely remember that the result came out around the same time as the Kent results last year. Did they not say anything in the communication you have received so far?
lefol

Post by lefol »

No date given in the publication, simply states October. You would have thought they would alleviate the anxieties for the parents by including the date parents can expect results under the key dates section. Ds said it was "okay" lol. could not get any more out of him and decided not to ask anymore. One more to go next week and can put this all behind us. They have all worked extremely well for such young children.
Ishita2010

Post by Ishita2010 »

My son also give the test today and he was upset that the maths was so hard that he just did guss work in some questions .He is a bright child and tells the truth and was telling that he would get around 10 to 12 wrong in total and was upset that he will not be able to go to stage2.
He really worked hard in summer holidays when all his friends were going enjoying holidays he was duing sample papers .He was happy for Kent .
Don't know how they choice boys for stage 2.how much percent you need to get to go to stage 2.
Tuesday is last one for you bexley and hope they make easy paper .
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

Hi, anyone knows if there is a pass mark for the stage1 test or number of children that qualify for the St Olave's second stage test
hanaF

Post by hanaF »

Matilda wrote:Hi, anyone knows if there is a pass mark for the stage1 test or number of children that qualify for the St Olave's second stage test
300 can go to stage 2, so less than a quarter if there were 1200+ yesterday. It was an eye-opening experience (for me): so many ppl! Ds was very nervous. Nevertheles, the boy had worked so hard and I'm proud of him regardless of the outcome.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Last year's results for St. Olave's were posted on Friday 16th October, so the equivalent date this year would be Friday 14th October. That fits with the date for quite a lot of areas.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

I thought I'd read somewhere last year, that it was around 450 to the second stage. I'll try to find the info.