Parent pay email alerts.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Parent pay email alerts.

Post by Tinkers »

A query for those of you that use parent pay for your DCs school payments.

I've been using it for 3 years. I set it up so I got an email alert when anything new came up, so I didn't need to be checking it, plus an alert when DDs lunch money balance fell below £10 (I don't know yet if that's also affected.)

Being the start of a new school year, obviously new things are coming up. There's a couple of school trips, plus language mags, paying for GCSE English books etc.

I've had to go into parent pay to check when these things come up as the email alerts don't seem to work anymore. :(

I've sent an support request to parent pay, but was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and if you have managed to get it resolved.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Parent pay email alerts.

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The recent upgrade is horrid - we complained as they removed the basket facility so we were having to add up on paper, upload enough money into our account and then pay. We complained and others must have too as they returned the basket. The requirement to upload money into your account (under the guise of allowing you to use it to budget) is quite simple greed. They are relying on parents putting too much in and money being left in when the child leaves the school. The fees are extortionate too...hate it! Much preferred stuffing a cheque in an envelope!!

But sorry, no,new only use email alerts for lunch as school notifies us each week when we need to pay for something!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Yes I hated the upgrade too, so glad they backtracked on that one. Seems to have 'broken' the new items alert feature though.
I got an email apologising for the delay in dealing with support requests as they are experiencing a high volume of them at the moment.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:The recent upgrade is horrid - we complained as they removed the basket facility so we were having to add up on paper, upload enough money into our account and then pay. We complained and others must have too as they returned the basket. The requirement to upload money into your account (under the guise of allowing you to use it to budget) is quite simple greed. They are relying on parents putting too much in and money being left in when the child leaves the school. The fees are extortionate too...hate it! Much preferred stuffing a cheque in an envelope!!

But sorry, no,new only use email alerts for lunch as school notifies us each week when we need to pay for something!
I purchased text message credits, back when the phone had was less useful for accessing the Internet and this seems to work quite well. Apart from when DS1 went on his A level study leave, having a last 'fling' in the canteen before he left to use up his balance. Of course, I forgot to reset the alert threshold and wasted several lots of 6p before I realised what was going on, as annoying messages built up :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Tinkers wrote:I've had to go into parent pay to check when these things come up as the email alerts don't seem to work anymore. :(
The email alert seems to work perfectly well for the dinner money. Not only did I receive one last Friday (entitled 'Low balance alert from ParentPay') but again one today :shock: :shock: as I still have not top up my DS's account ( action that I will do of course today, before tomorrow Monday).
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

JaneEyre wrote:
Tinkers wrote:I've had to go into parent pay to check when these things come up as the email alerts don't seem to work anymore. :(
The email alert seems to work perfectly well for the dinner money. Not only did I receive one last Friday (entitled 'Low balance alert from ParentPay') but again one today :shock: :shock: as I still have not top up my DS's account ( action that I will do of course today, before tomorrow Monday).
Reassuring that at least that bit should work. I've got email alert when dinner money runs low, but I'd topped that up before she went back.

Still not heard from parentpay.
um

Post by um »

I have never received any email alerts - despite setting this up.

My 'alert' usually involves a text message from a hungry child asking for a top up immediately :roll:

I am so glad they've improved the crazy payment system introduced last term.
But with three children on parentpay, I much preferred the old website which gave me a full overview of everything I had to pay, rather than having to click on each individual child :( to work it all out.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Please tell them that um...we have too....after the upgrade we told them about the basket bit and they reinstated that but, agree an overview of both the kids was so much easier than having to hop in and out...Hopefully if lots complain they will return to how it was before!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Just having one I haven't got experience for issues when using parent pay for more than one child. I guess they have messed that up too.

The school do usually tell me by email or letter when something is going to come up, but I've been relying on the alerts to know when it comes up as there's often a day or so delay. Now I'm having to check to see when it turns up. Sometimes it's on parent pay before I get to know through the email/letter.

Beginning of term and there's the usual raft of things coming through in dribs and drabs.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The school can arrange a refund of any surplus balance when your offspring leave by the way.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now