Waseley / Kings Norton Boys / various Bromsgrove schools!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crazycrofter

Waseley / Kings Norton Boys / various Bromsgrove schools!

Post by crazycrofter »

Just thinking about our other options, if we have bad news on 14th October.

Does anyone have any up to date info about Waseley Hills High or Kings Norton Boys? They look like our 'nicest' options but the results don't seem too good to me.

Alternatively, I'm considering going in the Bromsgrove direction - 2 years at one of the middle schools, then hopefully North Bromsgrove High, if we could get a place (I know South is always over subscribed).

Does anyone have any opinions?

Thanks!
mike1880

Re: Waseley / Kings Norton Boys / various Bromsgrove schools

Post by mike1880 »

You're obviously in the same bind we were with eldest. There aren't really any satisfactory choices for boys over this side. How are you placed for Thomas Aquinas? Back then there was zero chance for non-RC, some have got in in recent years from nearby, but I imagine the demographics must be moving the wrong way again now.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

I just checked the figures and we're too far from Kings Norton anyway, so it would probably be the same for Thomas Aquinas.

Our nearest schools are Colmers and Turves Green. Waseley is quite near and never full.

But I've rung the popular Bromsgrove middle schools and they usually have a few spaces free in year 7 as children leave to go to grammars. I'm thinking that's our best option really but I'm not really sure about North Bromsgrove as I went there and didn't like it!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

How about Woodrush? We liked it, at the time I was wary that it was down to a dynamic head and might slump if he moved on but it's still doing well and apparently was undersubscribed in 2015.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

I didn't realise that!

My friend whose son is at one of the traditional feeder schools said they've taken on two new feeder primaries this year (children at feeder schools get preference in the application process) so maybe applications will go up this year then. I'd assumed we'd have no chance if not at a feeder school - that obviously wasn't the case last year, but probably will be this year! But I'll probably put it on the form anyway, as it's a good school. Many years ago I did a PGCE placement there!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now