When do schools find out?...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

susanass

When do schools find out?...

Post by susanass »

Hi, just wondered if anyone knows when the schools find out the results this year? Also, when do the headteacher appeals take place? Thank you

Sorry my message posted twice for some reason. Hopefully someone can delete one, thanks

- done!

I have split this topic into regional information. (Kent)
jayzee1

Re: When do schools find out?...

Post by jayzee1 »

I was just wondering same...I thought was end of Sept
stuffy

Post by stuffy »

Heard results are in schools already (yesterday I think), anyone else heard this?
salsa

Post by salsa »

Really? Maybe that's why our headteacher was joking urging us not to ask him for results. I hope his smile meant something positive!
stuffy

Post by stuffy »

I have only heard the rumour cannot verify as I'm no Headteacher, but usually it's a few weeks before to allow time for appeals to be collated and heard in time for results day..
salsa

Post by salsa »

I guess you are better off posting there. In Kent, headteachers get the results and if they see that a child had failed, but they should have passed due to their academic record, then they would request a review/appeal for the child. That's one of the reasons we wait so long for the results.

Crossed posts!
eastkentmum

Post by eastkentmum »

My headteacher is informed of results by the end of this week. Then he can choose to make a headteachers appeal for children who he believes are of grammar ability, lots of form-filling, character references and submission of workbooks. He will spend the next 3 weeks avoiding eye contact with Year 6 parents.
memphis

Post by memphis »

As part of the headteacher appeals process they're required to review the latest class work, amongst other academic evidence, of those whom they're recommending for a pass/grammar-assessed. If your dc's workbooks get taken away from the classroom for a few days then that's a sign that your dc did not make it, however he/she is being considered for a pass by the ht. Some schools make it obvious as to whose books need to be taken away, but some schools use different tactics like removing the entire class' books in one go, so that no one will know who passed or not.

Keep an eye out for any workbooks being removed/sent to the office over the next few days.
tweet85

Post by tweet85 »

In continuation to original question, can anyone advise if this is the process followed for OOC students as well?

Are the headteachers or schools informed of the results and seek feedback for kids (in case of tie up scores) who took Kent exam but are OOC?

Thanks.
jayzee1

Post by jayzee1 »

My dd said some children's books had gone missing today in English and maths
...these children had sat the Kent test
My dd books were not missing
Either she did ok or missed and school not appealing....the wait is terrible!
The teacher gave the excuse that the headteacher had them for some selection work..hmmm
Selection as in selection test or to select some work..bit of a coincidence
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now