Croxley Danes School

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

decaff

Croxley Danes School

Post by decaff »

So this new school is now taking applications 120 for next September who will initially be housed at St Clement Danes School. I was wondering how this will be managed and is here enough space at SCD. What do current parents of SCD think?
Daogroupie

Re: Croxley Danes School

Post by Daogroupie »

And then at some point they will move down to Croxley?? What is the scheduled date for that? DG
decaff

Post by decaff »

Apparently 2018 but I was not aware planning permission had been granted yet.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

As a parent of a Y7 at SCD this did worry me a little but we have been reassured that as the school will be housing CDS for a year, there will be a lot of money invested at SCD and the current students will not be affected.

CDS will run as a completely separate 'school' using its own space & facilities, different uniform, teachers (I believe) etc... just using the site. The only facility the students will share will be the canteen and that will be at different times.

DR Valentine has assured us parents that it's a fantastic opportunity for the school to gain funding to be invested in the school as it will be taking more students every year.

I think think it is a positive move that will benefit the local conmunity as a new school is being created with the help of SCD, and in return SCD will have huge improvements made to an already excellent school.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

If you look on the Croxley Danes website all the details are in there
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Shame they didn't call it Croxley Green. I think Clement Danes and Croxley Danes are names that are too easily muddled especially as they are so close. DG
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Daogroupie wrote:Shame they didn't call it Croxley Green. I think Clement Danes and Croxley Danes are names that are too easily muddled especially as they are so close. DG
Not in the same region buttalking about similar school names, here we have Maiden Erlegh school (in Wokingham) and Maiden Erlegh school in Reading (also known as ME2 locally). The former opened the latter as a free school a year ago. The schools are about 15-20 mins walk from each other. Now that does cause confusion.
decaff

Post by decaff »

I agree that its a silly idea to have similar names. Both Watford Boys 1st then Rickmansworth school were originally asked to oversee/run this new school but both schools declined. If this had not been the case I feel sure its name would have had no similarity to their own school names.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

That's a shame.

"Watford Boys & Girls" would have had a nicely confusing ring to it!
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

Why are you so bothered about the name? (just the word 'Danes' links the two) instead of celebrating the fact that a new school is opening with the help of SCD offering education for all. It will be carbon copy of SCD so why wouldn't the name reflect this? The school will be part of the Danes Educational Trust, a family of schools which includes St Clement Danes and Croxley Danes Schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now