Nonsuch Second Stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workingmom

Nonsuch Second Stage

Post by workingmom »

My DD was asking me - if there will be time allocated for Creative Writing planning ?

Wondering how will the exam be set. Will there be a set allocated time for Maths, Comprehension, Creative Writing and Creative Writing planning ?

If any of the experienced parents can shed light on this, it can help us prepare better.

Thanks.
Ladymuck

Re: Nonsuch Second Stage

Post by Ladymuck »

The difficulty with this exam is that the girls schools in Sutton have changed their exams more frequently than the boys schools. So for example Wilsons have had a similar length of writing exercise for many years, and Sutton had kept broadly the same style of paper for over a decade. This is the first time that there has been a joint 2nd round paper so no one can be sure of the format, other than it is not multiple choice and each paper will be 45-60 minutes.

Maths papers are maths papers - they've tested a lot of skills in SET, so think about what didn't get covered.

English similarly: if SET had one or more comprehensions then these are less likely to come up in the second round. They're likely to be testing writing skills.

I haven't known any of the Sutton exams to ever give a fixed planning time - they leave it up to the children.
workingmom

Re: Nonsuch Second Stage

Post by workingmom »

Tricky !

I guess if every child attempts the paper with this little knowledge, it is fair !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now