which school?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Krit

which school?

Post by Krit »

Hello

How do we decide which school to apply? We live in Wembley Park, the closest school is in Barnet which i think very difficult to get into. Please guide me on which grammar schools will be close to us and how we can apply for schools which is not close to home..
Thanks in advance.
Krit
scary mum

Re: which school?

Post by scary mum »

Have you tried Google? Or even the "Schools" section of the EPE website? It's probably a good place to start rather than such a general question & then ask about specific schools/tests if ylu can't find the information. Aren't there any good schools near you?
scary mum
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The various region pages on this site are very helpful: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schools/regions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Krit

Post by Krit »

Thank you for your replies..it's all very new to me..so I m trying to understand how do we start..
Will check out different posts in the forum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Are you sure that there are no schools any nearer to you than across into another local authority? Friends of mine live in Wembley and their DSs' secondary school is a few minutes' walk from their house.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Your local authority may have this info on their website. Reading council have a search facility on theirs. You put in your postcode and it tells you what schools you are catchment for. Obviously some LAs do this better than others, and it might not tell you every school available.

Alternately if you just want a list of schools locally, the yell.co.uk site can do that I think, again with a postcode search. It will give you somewhere to start from.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now