Sutton Stage 2 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
grgygirl

Sutton Stage 2 2016

Post by grgygirl »

How did the boys find it today? Ds in the morning session and thankfully the rain held off until they entered the school. He said it was okay - managed to finish both sections but quality of English questionable! Content didn't deviate too much from previous exams. So many boys there. Now the interminable wait for results ( long shot for us due to distance).
streathammum

Re: Sutton Stage 2 2016

Post by streathammum »

So relieved it's over! DS was quite happy at the end of it, said he found the maths paper better than the multiple choice one they did in the first stage. He finished it and said that there was nothing in it that he hadn't come across before, which is great as some of the practice papers have included things that baffled him.

Not sure how the writing went - he was pleased enough but said he only wrote just over a side, so I don't know how that will go. He said he planned for five minutes and wrote for the remainder of the time, so at least he didn't run out of ideas.

Just the wait now.
parentoftwo

Post by parentoftwo »

DS did okay too. He was in the afternoon session.
Cannot really comment on the content as all we knew
Was there will be writing n maths..
DIYdad

Post by DIYdad »

DS seems to have done ok. He was able to finish Maths slightly early and thankfully, used the time to check some of his answers. In Englush, he said he used 1-2 fancy words in his essay but that's about it.

While queueing up to pay for parking, I overheard a couple of other boys telling their parents that Math was wordy, but easy.

Guess not a lot is going to separate winners from second best.
mraj

Post by mraj »

My son couldn't finish maths paper as I asked him to do working out.
He is saying that wasted lot of time.
Was working out in maths required?

Abt English can't say much.
11plus_study

Post by 11plus_study »

Our DS says they gave a separate sheet to do the workout and at the end they collected both the sheets but only answer sheets were assembled and workout sheets are left out on the table. We always thought workout should be part of answer sheet in stage 2. He says he did workout in additional sheet and put only answers in answer sheet. We are worried now that he may have got it wrong. He attended afternoon session (@1pm) in Sutton grammar school. Any boys who attened at same time had a different understanding?
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Ds said there was nothing on the front of the answer booklet that said you needed to show working out (as I had said he is likely to need to show this as in the first mock.). He also said that a boy in his hall asked the invigilator whether they should show workings and he said no. However, ds showed workings anyway and still managed to finish. Hope that doesn't go against him.
willgetthere

Post by willgetthere »

grgygirl wrote:Ds said there was nothing on the front of the answer booklet that said you needed to show working out
quote]
11plus_study wrote:Our DS says they gave a separate sheet to do the workout and at the end they collected both the sheets but only answer sheets were assembled and workout sheets are left out on the table.
Dear All, Just spoke to DS and he said there was no separate answer sheet or working out sheet. He said there was just a question booklet and placeholders for you to write the answers. Any working out had to be done within the question booklet. This is what he told me yesterday after the test also.

Are we all talking about the same thing here? or has he missed something here? Please can you clarify from what you have understood from your DSs..

Many thanks.
kast

Post by kast »

My DS also told the same thing like u!!! There is no separate working sheet or any sheet of paper . They need to do in question booklet only.
Maap

Post by Maap »

My DS took the afternoon exam. He said they were told that working out will not be worth any marks and only the final answer would be awarded marks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now