Lowest passmark for RGS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Shellabella05

Lowest passmark for RGS?

Post by Shellabella05 »

Does anyone know what the lowest passmark to get accepted into RGS has been in previous years?
My daughter achieved 547, which considering she didn't have any tutoring I'm very proud of. I went to RGS so I know my daughter would like to go there.

I know we would certainly get into Fort Pitt on distance as we are the closest possible houses to Fort Pitt, there aren't any children who live nearer!

didledad

Re: Lowest passmark for RGS?

Post by didledad »

Hi Shellabella05,

Listed is the Medway Test pass mark and RGS cut off for last year sorry I do not have any further data:

Medway Test pass Mark 521
RGS cut off 539
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

I'd say the chances were good. Passmark is 513 this year so she is a fair bit above. It was been only a few marks above in previous years. Last year was relatively high. Put the schools in order of her preference when she looks around.
Salma1972

Post by Salma1972 »

Hi,

Apologies for piggybacking on this thread with a slightly different query, it was the response to the OP that has given me confidence for our daughters chances, much appreciated.

My query is, what is the relevance of the "cut off" score.

How would it relate to us, resident in Gravesend, considering Rochester, Mayfield and Dartford.

Many thanks,

S
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

Salma1972 wrote:Hi,

Apologies for piggybacking on this thread with a slightly different query, it was the response to the OP that has given me confidence for our daughters chances, much appreciated.

My query is, what is the relevance of the "cut off" score.

How would it relate to us, resident in Gravesend, considering Rochester, Mayfield and Dartford.

Many thanks,

S
RGS offer places purely based on scores. They have 175 places available. The "cut off" score is the lowest score that is needed to obtain one of those 175 places. This changes every year depending on the girls that apply.

For 2012 entry the cut off was 515 (10 above the Medway Test pass mark), 2013 was 514 (5 above pass mark), 2014 was 529 (1 above) and 2015 was 535 (10 above pass mark) and RGS increased to 205 places available.

In 2016 it was back to 175 places but I can't find any data for the cut off or pass mark.

2017 will also be 175 places and the pass mark is 513.

Note that of the schools you listed, this only applies to RGS - Mayfield and Dartford both use catchment area to determine places, with scores being used in case of over-subscription.

For exact details of admission criteria for each school check out these links:

Kent: http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... ria-201617

Medway: http://www.medway.gov.uk/schoolsandeduc ... ments.aspx
Salma1972

Post by Salma1972 »

Thank you for advising.

Is the cut off score published prior to the deadline for CAF, I would think that this would be useful in making an informed decision on preferences.

And, from experience, when is the 20xx Kent Test scores report typically released.

Thanks again.
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

By definition it can't be published as it doesn't exist yet!

It is only determined once all places have been allocated on March 1st (or later in case of appeals etc.) as the lowest mark actually given a place at the school.

I don't think there is an actual report. Information has been taken from another site (is it still not allowed to be mentioned around here..?!?!) and AIUI the owner of that site obtains information direct from schools, via Freedom Of Information requests and from anecdotal evidence.
Shellabella05

Post by Shellabella05 »

My daughter was offered a place at RGS but her best friend who had a score of 534 wasn't so it must have been very high this year!
olucares

Post by olucares »

Shellabella05 wrote:My daughter was offered a place at RGS but her best friend who had a score of 534 wasn't so it must have been very high this year!
Yes, RGS cut off this year is 546, which is pretty high.
Shellabella05

Post by Shellabella05 »

That's incredibly high. Where did you get that info from?

I'd love to know what their raw scores are. My daughter is November so wouldn't have had any points added on for her age.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now