SHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NR

SHSG

Post by NR »

Hi all

congratulations to those who got through. And hugs for the ones who didn't.

My daughter has been offered a place at southend can anyone help me with any information regarding transport, induction days, uniform etc.

Thanks
NR
NR

Offered SHSG

Post by NR »

did anyone else get offered a place at southend county high school for girls?

Please help
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Have you tried phoning the school to see if they provide any suitable transport in the area where you live.
NR

Post by NR »

Thanks for your reply

Thats a good idea i will do that!!

Im surprised no one has mentioned places being offered for this school
Proud Mum

Transport

Post by Proud Mum »

If you look on the CSSE website there are timetables for buses to Southend/Westcliff.
mel25

Post by mel25 »

my daughter is going to southend too and i would love to chat with any other parents from the billericay area. I really don't know how we are going to get her there at this point, and would be interested to hear from other parents in the same predicament.
Having said that we are over the moon that she has been offered a place, and will overcome the travel issue somehow!
NR

Post by NR »

Hi Mel25,

so happy to hear that im not the only mum whos daughter will be going to southend. I'm also worried about travel arrangments from ilford to soutend.

Im really happy that we got offered a place but so worried about transport.
any help??

I have found out that the girls will have an induction day in July for a full day and parents will be invited to meet teachers of the school.
NR

Post by NR »

Hi Mel25,

so happy to hear that im not the only mum whos daughter will be going to southend. I'm also worried about travel arrangments from ilford to soutend.

any help??

I have found out that the girls will have an induction day in July for a full day and parents will be invited to meet teachers of the school.
NR

Post by NR »

Hi Mel25,

any help??

mel25

Post by mel25 »

i'm sure i've read here somewhere about a group of parents organising a minibus from ilford, or the A13. maybe if you rang the school they might know something?
there is a bus that rose (my daughter) could get but it is about a 10-15 minute drive from my house so not really ideal
do you know what date in july the induction is? rose is so excited she wants to go now!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now