Boys results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tillybob

Boys results

Post by Tillybob »

Really surprised to see no conversations in the last week. Presume you are all as anxious as me. DH dosent understand why I keep logging on to this forum to see the chats, he thinks it's pointless yet I find it comforting to know many others are in the same position. Results either way will be a relief at least and we can all move on.
What did anyone think about the Ambrose exam compared to Abgs?
spacechimp

Re: Boys results

Post by spacechimp »

Hi Tillybob!
I've been logging on daily too and even been reading posts in other regions. DS found Ambrose exam the easiest of the three and that's where he wants to go so fingers crossed. Where would your DS prefer?
Time doesn't fly

Post by Time doesn't fly »

Me too, I have been lurking, but joined to boost the Trafford conversations! I only found this website after the exams had finished - at least they will help when no.2 goes through it. Nothing stresses me out usually, but this waiting is hard! I'm waiting for the girls results, supposedly both posted out next Friday. My daughter seems completely oblivious, how about your sons?
Tillybob

Post by Tillybob »

Ambrose also... He said the maths was easier but verbal reasoning hard ( lots of questions) It's very difficult to get anything out of him!
spacechimp

Post by spacechimp »

Hi TDF. Great name and I completely agree, feels like the longest five weeks of my life.
My DS seems oblivious also, although I have a feeling school friends will start talking about the results from Monday onwards. Hope he won't become too anxious.
Is it AGGS, Sale and Loreto you are waiting for?
Last edited by spacechimp on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacechimp

Post by spacechimp »

Tillybob, I hardly had any info from my DS either. He was particularly vague about the Sale exam but I think he found that the trickiest.
Tillybob

Post by Tillybob »

It's a few years since my DD sat for aggs and loretto but completely different , she could tell me about every part of the exam and it all felt easier as had some idea how it had gone... Having said that, she did come out of aggs saying that she had found it really really hard and there was no way she had passed, so was very surprised when the results came out that she had passed with plenty to spare. Where these exams are concerned you never can tell until you open the envelope.
Time doesn't fly

I think that is the problem - you just can't tell. Loreto is our preferred option if she passes both, so she saw the AGGS exam as a practice run, found that quite easy, then came out of the Loreto one thinking she had failed! We do have great alternatives in Trafford, but we have spent so long encouraging the work for the exams that it will probably take a bit of time getting her to be excited about other schools if she doesn't pass.
So, what day do you reckon your results will land?
Time doesn't fly

A couple of questions for anyone who knows - do the primary schools get notified of who passes and who doesn't? Also do you find out how many children sat each exam - just out of interest ( I'm not interested enough to start ringing schools etc.) as i was expecting a mad scrum, and there just wasn't. Maybe the schools were just incredibly organised.
spacechimp

Post by spacechimp »

I doubt the primary schools get notified but I don't know for certain.
Sale and AGGS results are supposed to be posted out Friday 14th and then Ambrose have said week commencing 17th (Loreto possibly the same?). Still not sure for AGSB :?
Last edited by spacechimp on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now