School admission indicators

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Victor

School admission indicators

Post by Victor »

Can someone tell me how accurate the school admission indicators are? My DS got 334.75 and is o/c Southend and Westcliff and i/C Quegs.

He is Green two ticks for Southend and one tick for Westcliff and amber for Quegs.

really proud of him but trying to gauge what it all means.
voyagers

Re: School admission indicators

Post by voyagers »

It means that he has. almost certainly, secured a place at SHSB. He probably would eventually be offered a place at WHSB and there is a slight chance of him gaining entry to KEGS.

Your best bet is to list on your local council application form the schools in your order of preference, regardless of whether your son's results sit in the amber, yellow or green. He will almost certainly be offered a place at SHSB even if his results aren't enough to secure him a place at the other 2 schools.
stressedmum!

Post by stressedmum! »

Hi, DD has a SS of 337.38 and she is in the yellow zone. Not sure also if this is enough to secure a place at Colchs. Yellow zone cut off is 330, but don't want her getting too excited at this stage! Very proud of her regardless! :P
Any views?
mum2twogirls

Post by mum2twogirls »

Hi Stressedmum, I am in the same boat with score of 339.144. We are hoping for Colchester but wondering whether yellow zone get offered on 1st March or if it will be a long drawn out process on the waiting list. Any experience from others gratefully received!
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Unfortunately, I think it may be a little drawn out for some of those with yellows

My understanding is that the offer on 1 March up to the maximum places (eg if there are 120 places, 120 offers go out, working down the list). Based on past history that means everyone who got a green and some who got a yellow. A child who is comfortably in the yellow zone may well get an offer on 1 March.

Everyone else is on the waiting list, and may receive an offer later as some people reject - people move, people opt for private schools, people get an offer from a school where they had previously been rejected.

Unfortunately in some cases, that offer is at the last minute or even after term started - another thread reveals that a child was offered a place at ColCHS on 5 October this year, ie after term started. That child was 17th on the waiting list.