Newstead

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Godfather

Newstead

Post by Godfather »

Got 203 we live around 9 miles way - is this a pass?
sobz70

Re: Newstead

Post by sobz70 »

Are results out yet?
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Godfather wrote:Got 203 we live around 9 miles way - is this a pass?
Did they not specify a pass mark in the letter?
TheNextLevel

Post by TheNextLevel »

Is it email or post? Guess post as most of the process before exam was posts.
Beck_mum

Post by Beck_mum »

We got results by post this morning. Very surprised as was only expecting them after Friday.
daddyshah

Post by daddyshah »

Results will arrive by post as previous years - DD scored 215 - letter mentions a historical cut-off range of 215-220. Not sure what this means - if we placed Newstead as a first choice - are we likely to receive an offer?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Godfather wrote:Got 203 we live around 9 miles way - is this a pass?
At the bottom of your results letter it should say what the pass mark has been in the last four years or so. In my DD's letter last year it said you needed 218-220. This was by the time the numbers shuffled down from initial requirements on offer day of around 225. Your daughter has done well but sorry, it may not be enough, it is probably worth putting on the CAF if you have enough spaces as there is nothing to loose.

I am surprised they are early, a nice surprise for you all. Good luck to all getting results and if anyone is wondering about whether to pick Newstead I am happy to answer questions. DD is very happy there.
miminz

Post by miminz »

Yes, surprised to get the result today.

It says in the letter the cut-off score is 215-220.

I'm happy with my daughter's result. I think she's done well.

All the best to others.
gramercer

Post by gramercer »

We received this year's (for 2017/18 entry) results letter today. It states cut-off as being 215-220.

Our DD scored 217. I have searched the forum and I cannot find anyone stating what the final cut-off for 2016/17 entry was. I can see that for the 1st March letters it was 226 but a number of girls on the waiting list received offers, down to 222 in June, the last post I spotted.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can pass on any knowledge of it going lower than that?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I know of one girl who was offered a place in early September but don't know the score. I think quite fairly they are reluctant to give out the score as otherwise it is rather awkward being compared to your new school friends. They have got a place and should be rightly happy and integrated regardless of score. My interpretation of this year's letter compared to last years is that the score went down for September 2016 entry and there is no knowing is this is a trend or a one-ff. There is nothing to loose by putting it on the form (if you have the space) but if you are between say 212 (random number picked out a few points below 215) and 224 it may be a long wait over the summer for confirmation of a place.

p.s. well done to your DD ramercer, she has done well. Hugs all round.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now