practice papers ,bucks-the tutors-

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
romana

practice papers ,bucks-the tutors-

Post by romana »

Hi again,
just started on the tutors practice paper1 ,son scored 70 out of 80 questions.How do you work out the percentage to give a standerdized score? In relation to the pass mark of 121 ,bearing in mind these questions were 80 not a 100.AM getting a bit confused!
any help appreciated :)
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Romana

Standardisation, so many factors involved, amount of children taking the test, age of your child, border zones, comfort zones etc etc. The % that equates to 121 changes every year depending on the cohort taking the test.

To add to the confusion/complexity, Bucks do not use an average of 100, they use 112 as the average.

Your child needs to be scoring in the region of 86%, I prefer my children to score 90%plus.

Your son has scored well on his first test, was it completed in the 50 minute time limit?

Patricia
romana

tutors paper1-to patricia

Post by romana »

hi again,
not sure if I have replied in the right section but here goes! yes he did it in 50 mins. I wanted to know the equivalent mark in the 11 plus
thanks Romana
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Romana

Yes, you are in the right section.

Your sons score of 70 out of 80 equates to 88% more than likely would have been a pass, a very good first time score, keep up the practice.

Patricia