What was the minimum score for Langley Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

harrowboy

What was the minimum score for Langley Grammer

Post by harrowboy »

Could anybody advise me this please? My son got 117, but have not received anything on the post today.
Many thanks
chad

Post by chad »

Langley usually offer down to about 120 in the first round and have gone down to 115 , historically, in subsequent allocations... it's a waiting game but you are in with a good chance.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
NJ

Langley scores

Post by NJ »

My son scored 120 and received the offer today. As per my understanding the Langley Grammar sends letters to those who scored 120 and above in the first round. Depends on the acceptance, letters will be sent in the second round for students who scored less than 120 (approx.between 117 to 120).

Hope your son gets an offer soon. Good luck to him!

Best Regards,
NJ
harrowboy

Post by harrowboy »

Many thanks for the replies. He had the result for the QE boys and got a place there! Does anyone help me which of the 2 is better?
Thanks
Logan
langley/mum

Langley grammar 117

Post by langley/mum »

Hi there.
My son also scored 117!
Does any one know are automatically on the waiting list?And if so for how long?Or do we need got start thinking about getting the ball rolling for appealing for a place?
This just seems never ending!
Also does the offer letter from Langley state how soon the places have to be accepted(for those that have been offered 1st round allocations)?
xe

xe

Post by xe »

Many congratulations to harrowboy!! QE is the best in the league table in all grammar school. My son got 129 for Langley, but we haven't received any letters from Langley yet.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

langley/mum,

Just received letter. 1st round cutoff was 120. All children scoring 111-119 inclusive have automatically been placed on a waiting list.

Good Luck

:D

BW
harrowboy

Post by harrowboy »

Thanks eveybody for the the comments. I received an email notification this morning that status of allocation is 'Not Allocated'. Does this mean that he is not on the waiting list?
wraysburymum

harrowboy

Post by wraysburymum »

Hi Harrowboy

I think "unallocated" means exactly that: at this stage a place has not been allocated. I am sure the status will change once 1st offers are accepted and the second round goes out. Evidently a lot of kids don't take Langley offers: having sat Tiffin, Reading or private school tests as well. Children travel from Ealing, Wembley, Hillingdon etc to get to Langley every day.
I suppose that someone's "cream" is another persons "custard" if you know what I mean?!
wraysburymum
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

A very basic question (maybe I am thick, but would like to stop being so fick!) so please enlighten me: 120 out of what? Is it 150? (50 each for VR, NVR and Maths?) :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now