Has anyone received their results yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rubyruby

Has anyone received their results yet?

Post by rubyruby »

Hi,

I have been waiting by the letterbox for my DD's results and have been neglecting my email. I logged on last night, after not receiving the results in the post, and there was an email from the LEA which basically said:

1 Plymouth High School Allocated
2 Second Choice Not Allocated
3 Third Choice Not Allocated

which means that she got in!! Yippeeee!!! Now we can both relax!! Only one daughter to go!

Does anyone know if we get a letter of confirmation aswell? None came today!!

Also, will the LEA tell us the actual score, the highest score and the pass mark?

RubyRuby
the happy one

Post by the happy one »

Hi Rubyruby,
Congratulations to your daughter (& you!).
We got the good news yesterday as well, by E Mail. It must be the most emotive E Mail we've received!
We're in Torbay & today received a confirmation letter with no scores on. We had this conversation last night & discussed if we really want to know a score. the answer we came to was no; what's the point? You've had the good news, can it get any better? If she had come 'last' how would you feel?
Revel in the moment & enjoy is my view, do you feel differently?
nearlyover

Post by nearlyover »

Lovely news Ruby - we also received an email yesterday with the fab news that our daughter has got her first choice school, for her DHSG.
I have printed 3 copies of it, we haven't received a letter in the post yet but I know Devon sent them Second Class yesterday.
So all very happy. For those still trying to find out who didn't tick email notification, I phoned the helpline number (from website) and they were more than willing to tell me over the phone.
Well done to everyone and those worried and still waitng - my daughter came out of the second test upset, so you never can tell...
As for scores etc, who is brave enough to pnone admissions in Plymouth !!!??
rubyruby

Post by rubyruby »

Hi TheHappyOne and NearlyOver,

Fab News about your daughters getting in!! Well done to them both and to you for all the support you have given them (not to mention the sleepless nights etc). Congratulations to everybody else that made it.

I'm not sure if I will follow up about scores etc. Part of me wants to know because I am just nosey!! The rest of me thinks that may be it is best to be content that she got in and be happy about that. I showed her the email this morning and she was relieved more than anything. She was quite excited to tell her friends at school. No other child in her class has taken the 11+. We live in Cornwall and she goes to a very small village school.

I am so pleased that all her hard work has paid off. Just the bus to sort out now.

Would love to hear how everyone else's daughters got on.

RubyRuby
candyfloss

Post by candyfloss »

hi all,

yeeeeeeeees!
dd did it, she has a place at devonport high for girls.
i,m on cloud nine at the moment. i don,t want to know scores though, she has her place and that is all that matters now.
oh, i,m on such a high.........

candyfloss
nearlyover

Post by nearlyover »

Congratulations to your daughter Candyfloss.

It is such a relief to know that all the hard work by our daughters has paid off. But I am very aware of my 'good luck' in the sense that however bright and well prepared you are there is an element of luck on the day. There will be very able and hard working girls who didn't get in today.

I am delighted and very proud of my daughter for all the hard work and practice - we are having a burning of practice papers celebration tonight.
NoIdea

Post by NoIdea »

We, too, are happy that our daughter gained a place at PHSG...so did her friends, so that is great too!

However, I'm completely confused by the notification system. We had a letter posted first class yesterday and received today....We never had the option of email notification on the online application form....and we were told by the LEA that no-one would hear by email! Are email receivers all from Cornwall?? We are in Plymouth.
nearlyover

Post by nearlyover »

Great news about your daughter and her friends Noidea. It is exciting isn't it?
We applied through Devon (not plymouth) and had the option to be notified by email. I think the process is similar in Cornwall. Plymouth have not yet" been able to offer email notification," they said last year they were working towards it!!
Devon also had an helpline to phone to get results from 8am on 3/03.
But, at least your allocation was sent out first class ( I am guessing it must be if you received it today), Devon have sent out second class so we haven't got "the" letter yet.

Nearlyover - guess I should change my name now it is finally all over !!!
Katie

Post by Katie »

Big congratulations to all who got through.
Hugs and commiserations to the many who were not so fortunate.
Any one requiring appeals information for Torbay - do pm me.
Katie
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now