RESULTS DAY 14TH OCTOBER: Please read this before posting!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

RESULTS DAY 14TH OCTOBER: Please read this before posting!

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Everyone

The Bucks results are less than 24 hours away now, and I know from personal experience how nerve-racking that can be. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?

- Children at Bucks state schools and Partner Schools (in and out of county) will receive their results by pupil post at the end of the school day.

- Please do not open the envelope while you are on school premises. The sight of children and parents alternately whooping and wailing is a very unedifying one.

- Out of County children's results have been posted first class today, Thursday, in the fervent hope that they will arrive on Friday.

- If the letter does not arrive on Friday, there is no point in contacting Bucks CC Admissions. They will not disclose results over the phone or by email under any circumstances. You just have to sit it out, and register the absence of a letter with them after your post arrives on Monday.

- They will inform you as to when a replacement letter might be sent, but I am glad to say that the non-arrival of results beyond three postal deliveries is as rare as hens' teeth. It is usually the Royal Mail who let you down.

- The flat qualifying mark will be 121, as it has been for time immemorial. All children achieving 121 or more are eligible for a place at a Bucks grammar school, depending upon the remaining admissions criteria for their preferred school, primarily distance.

- For that reason, PLEASE DO NOT POST SCORES ABOVE 121 ON THE FORUM! It is simply boasting to do so. Any such posts will be edited/removed.

- If your child has scored 121 or more, you can see past Allocation Profiles for each grammar school here to allow you to assess the chances of being offered a place on 1st March.

- Finally, please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for. If you are among them, Etienne's advice below is your starting point, and we will all support you to the best of our ability.
Etienne wrote:The very best of luck to everyone waiting for the results! :)

Hope you won't need our help, but we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
Start here.

See also this thread.

For some words of encouragement from those who have been through the experience of non-qualification in the 11+ (as well as an unsuccessful appeal),
see here.
Please feel free to post your results on this thread as they arrive, and any queries about them.

My best wishes for Friday to you all, and especially to your DC.

Sally-Anne
11+pass

Re: RESULTS DAY 14TH OCTOBER: Please read this before postin

Post by 11+pass »

All the very best to all those waiting for results tomorrow. I was in your shoes last year this time so know exactly how you must be feeling. Whatever the outcome, you know your DCs have worked very hard for these exams and you must appreciate that. Hope you get some sleep tonight. Fingers and toes crossed for you all.
justkeepswimming

Post by justkeepswimming »

Very very good luck to all those waiting for results. I'm not sure my employer is going to get the best out of me today.....and, qualify or not, many many thanks to all those who contribute to this forum and make it possible for us to help our DC through this miserable mess as best we can!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Whatever the result please be thankful that you have a healthy child who will do well at any school with your support.

No-one fails the Selection Test ...
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Guest55 wrote:Whatever the result please be thankful that you have a healthy child who will do well at any school with your support.
Absolutely. And particularly resonant today, when thousands of Bucks schoolchildren are fundraising for this young man:

http://www.mix96.co.uk/news/local/21218 ... for-ollie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

Postman just arrived bearing good news....

Best of luck to everyone else waiting!
justkeepswimming

Post by justkeepswimming »

Many congrats Northdad!
Whatever the result please be thankful that you have a healthy child who will do well at any school with your support.
Absolutely agree. Older DD didn't qualify a few years back and all is very well. Today's result irrelevant to ability of kids to thrive and shine, academically or otherwise.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

anotherdad wrote:Absolutely. And particularly resonant today, when thousands of Bucks schoolchildren are fundraising for this young man:

http://www.mix96.co.uk/news/local/21218 ... for-ollie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had also heard of that unfortunate young man and the fundraising campaign for his treatment, anotherdad, so thank you for posting it. It truly puts today's results in perspective, and let's hope that the treatment is successful.

Congratulations to Northdad (and Northjunior, of course.) First to declare!
Rash

Post by Rash »

Congrats northdad and to your dc :)
Last edited by Rash on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Congratulations!