Pupil Premium Dartford girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
seeker85

Pupil Premium Dartford girls

Post by seeker85 »

my DD passed her exam and was looking at Dartford. I have been looking at the admission criteria ad was wondering if anyone could explain the pupil premium a bit better for me. Is this for girls who are i the catchment area or for girls that are OOC?

just a bit confused by this
HelloWorld123

Re: Pupil Premium Dartford girls

Post by HelloWorld123 »

What will be the cut off mark for Out of Catchment for Out of Catchment
Blametheparents

Post by Blametheparents »

This is a direct quote from the admissions criteria for the school:

'Pupil Premium
A girl in receipt of Pupil Premium – a child is eligible for Pupil Premium where she has been
registered for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years. This does not include
children who have only been eligible to receive Universal Infant Free School Meals. Pupil
Premium is also afforded to Children in Local Authority Care or Previously in Local Authority
Care, however these children will be prioritised in the relevant criteria above.
Parents wishing to apply under this criterion must ensure they complete the attached
Supplementary Information Form, attaching the requested proof of eligibility and return it to
the school by 31 October 2016.'

This is the 2nd over-subscription criteria after LAC (Looked After Children) and BEFORE siblings, parishes girls and high scorers.
This means that a girl in receipt of PP will be prioritised above all other criteria EXCEPT Looked After Children (of which there are probably 1 or 2 per year - max)

So, if your daughter qualifies and you want her to go to DGGS then she will 100% get a place (just make sure you fill in the Supplementary Info Form which can be found on the school's website)
http://www.dartfordgrammargirls.kent.sc ... m-2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that helps.
seeker85

Post by seeker85 »

Would this still be the case of OOC?

Thank you.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

seeker85 wrote:Would this still be the case of OOC?

Thank you.
If it doesn't say anywhere that it doesn't, then yes. If that is a direct quote (above), then place of residence would appear not to be relevant.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Fnsaleem

Post by Fnsaleem »

My dd has also passed the kent test with a decent score considering we only decided to put her through the 11 plus in january this year. She got 356 but ive heard because were ooc its not enough for dggs... we have submitted a sif form for her eligibility for pupil premium. Unforunately few years back i became disabled and so my daughter was given free lunch at school. Its been a great help. I want to push and educate my daughter so she can get a decent job and work and not have to rely on benefits. Will the pupil premium make a difference. Somebody please help..
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Fnsaleem wrote:My dd has also passed the kent test with a decent score considering we only decided to put her through the 11 plus in january this year. She got 356 but ive heard because were ooc its not enough for dggs... we have submitted a sif form for her eligibility for pupil premium. Unforunately few years back i became disabled and so my daughter was given free lunch at school. Its been a great help. I want to push and educate my daughter so she can get a decent job and work and not have to rely on benefits. Will the pupil premium make a difference. Somebody please help..
I would call DGSG to clarify, but reading the admissions policy, if she passed the Kent test and has pupil premium she will get in. Hope that helps! Congratulations. Sounds like you are doing a great job under difficult circumstances.