Appeals process for <121 score in Transfer test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EvelinaSky

Appeals process for <121 score in Transfer test?

Post by EvelinaSky »

11 off a pass mark here, and we're all gutted.

Daughter has a massive interest in Arts & English, and was hoping for a place at SHFGS.
With a score of 121, even as OOC she was pretty much guaranteed a place as we receive FSM & Pupil Premium.

Is a score of 110 too low to appeal? We could probably get supporting evidence from our Junior School, 11+ tutor, and Theatre school.

Tears all round, but so pleased for those that passed.
Guest55

Re: Appeals process for <121 score in Transfer test?

Post by Guest55 »

I have posted on the results thread but do read the information about whether to go to review or wait for an appeal.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

EvelinaSky wrote:11 off a pass mark here, and we're all gutted.

Daughter has a massive interest in Arts & English, and was hoping for a place at SHFGS.
With a score of 121, even as OOC she was pretty much guaranteed a place as we receive FSM & Pupil Premium.

Is a score of 110 too low to appeal? We could probably get supporting evidence from our Junior School, 11+ tutor, and Theatre school.

Tears all round, but so pleased for those that passed.
Welcome to Appeals! :)

Have you followed the links to reviews/appeals in Sally-Anne's post?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=48535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you've finished reading, if you still have unanswered questions, do please let us know.
Etienne
Natashaw

Post by Natashaw »

Thank you for all th information, I have read the review/appeal section and I'm still a bit confused. I want to go for a review, as my understanding is this happens before places have been allocated. I will start to gather academic evidence from my daughters school and speak with her head teacher I've just a few questions, when should I submit the information and to whom?.
Thank you in advance
LeprechaunQueen

Post by LeprechaunQueen »

Natashaw wrote:Thank you for all th information, I have read the review/appeal section and I'm still a bit confused. I want to go for a review, as my understanding is this happens before places have been allocated. I will start to gather academic evidence from my daughters school and speak with her head teacher I've just a few questions, when should I submit the information and to whom?.
Thank you in advance
There is very little information on Bucks cc site about the Selection Review process. It really does appear that you would need to approach them to find anything out at all! Contact details removed by Moderator - see below.

Book an appointment with the Head for early next week if you can. S/he may well have the forms already. Selection Review is most likely to be successful with the support of your HeadTeacher anyway.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

You can read the information provided to Heads about the Selection Review process here: https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/admis ... on-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are also copies of the parent letter and application form.

Leprechaun Queen, I've removed the contact links from your post. The best way to contact Admissions now is via the "Contact Us form" that pops up (sometimes) on the BCC website.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now