Chances of appeal success at Langley Grammar School

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
addman

Chances of appeal success at Langley Grammar School

Post by addman »

Hello,

My DS scored 110 in Slough consortium test and scored over 121 in Buckinghamshire test. He has been always in set 1 is his class throughout, year 5 report being Execellant grades for all subjects. On test day, he mentioned he started filling in the answer sheet incorrectly initially and after 6-7 questions he realised the mistake, suspect caused stress as he has to rub out those answers and time could have been running for rest of questions.

Looking for advise and apprecite opinions what could be chances of successful appeal at Langley Grammer School.

Thanks
Etienne

Re: Chances of appeal success at Langley Grammar School

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Have you read the Q&As? For example - "Chances of success"?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
addman

Post by addman »

Thanks Etienna for the quick response.

I've gone through this whole appeals Q&A page many times the whole night :(, unfortunately couldn't find information of Langley Grammer School.

I live in Local Addmission Area of LGS and I'm quite confident of making case on capability front and also hopeful (fingers crossed) having backing/support of HT (not discussed or talked yet though).

Appreciate if someone can share their experience of appeal in such a narrow miss situation at Langley Grammer School specifically, and other slough Grammer schools generally please.

Thanks
metalicblue

Post by metalicblue »

addman wrote:Thanks Etienna for the quick response.

I've gone through this whole appeals Q&A page many times the whole night :(, unfortunately couldn't find information of Langley Grammer School.

I live in Local Addmission Area of LGS and I'm quite confident of making case on capability front and also hopeful (fingers crossed) having backing/support of HT (not discussed or talked yet though).

Appreciate if someone can share their experience of appeal in such a narrow miss situation at Langley Grammer School specifically, and other slough Grammer schools generally please.

Thanks
I have heard of people appealing and getting place in Buckinghamshire but not for Langley Grammar School. It's such a close score, I wonder they consider and give a chance in appeal.
addman

Post by addman »

Thanks metalicblue for the response.

I'm stressful as can't find data for Langley Grammar School so would be help if any details or pointers found about LGS.

Thanks
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Appeals are governed by a national Code, so they are basically the same everywhere in procedural terms.

Even if someone were to describe their experiences of a particular school last year, it might be a completely different appeal panel this year with a different attitude (more/less sympathetic).

However, where there is ranking, and intense competition for places, I think appeal decisions are likely to be stricter.

You can ask the school for the data you want:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
addman

Post by addman »

Etienne wrote:Appeals are governed by a national Code, so they are basically the same everywhere in procedural terms.

Even if someone were to describe their experiences of a particular school last year, it might be a completely different appeal panel this year with a different attitude (more/less sympathetic).

However, where there is ranking, and intense competition for places, I think appeal decisions are likely to be stricter.

You can ask the school for the data you want:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi Etienne,

I've prepared a draft appeal letter, would it be possible if I can share it to you or anyother moderator and seek advice please.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Sadly, we don't have enough time to study appeal letters off the forum.

Sorry
Etienne