Kenton in Harrow.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hello dad

Kenton in Harrow.

Post by Hello dad »

My daughter got through the Bucks 11+ exam this year for admission in to 2017 year 7. We live in Kenton in Harrow. I want to find out if any of the Buck grammar school will offer admission to a child living in Kenton ? I understand Chesham grammar and Dr Challoners high school have extend their catchment recently. Any advise would be appreciated.
anotherdad

Re: Kenton in Harrow.

Post by anotherdad »

Hello dad wrote:My daughter got through the Bucks 11+ exam this year for admission in to 2017 year 7. We live in Kenton in Harrow. I want to find out if any of the Buck grammar school will offer admission to a child living in Kenton ? I understand Chesham grammar and Dr Challoners high school have extend their catchment recently. Any advise would be appreciated.
No one will be able to tell you definitively because historical allocations are only a guide and may not be repeated, but I'd say your chances range from slim to zero. Did you not look into this before entering for the test?
scary mum

Re: Kenton in Harrow.

Post by scary mum »

No school has extended their catchment - there is a difference between catchment & distances offered. If you look at Sally-Anne's post at the top of this section it gives you the distances offered for the last few years. I can't remember CGS, but I think DCHS was just under 10 miles straight line distance. This should give you some idea, although is no guarantee. How would your DD get there?
scary mum