King's school results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
savio77

King's school results

Post by savio77 »

can't find king's school Grantham thread.my DS got the results today. Scored 250 . Pleased with results. Does this mean he can apply for any school in Lincolnshire. We are out of area and planning to relocate to the area. Any recommendations about the schools will be appreciated.
ToadMum

Re: King's school results

Post by ToadMum »

Not in your area at all, but a quick Google search found this

http://grammarschools.lincs.sch.uk/admissions/faq

The qualifying score would appear to be at least 220 on each paper?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Well done to your DS! As far as I am aware it means you can apply for any grammar in the Lincs Consortium which excludes for example Caistor who have their own testing arrangements. The qualifying score is 220 across both papers.
FluxCapacity

Post by FluxCapacity »

Yes, it means you can apply to any of the Consortium schools (so not Caistor), but I was told you should contact any schools you name that were not the ones you sat it at to make sure they know your child got a pass mark as they don't always seem to get this information... which seems unlikely to me, but better to make sure.
savio77

Post by savio77 »

Thank you everyone.. He has scored well in Birmingham / Warwickshire as well. So we will be considering one of the King Edwards grammar schools now.
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Do KEVIGS state the score of two tests in the letter or just say pass or fail ? And can they tell me the number of 'out of catchment' places so can get the idea before filling in CAF ? Thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

I am not sure what the letter tells you - hopefully someone else can answer that - but most schools which use score order as part of their admissions policy do state the score in the letter.
However, as far as admissions go, it is not possible to tell how many places will go to candidates out of the catchment area or not attending the feeder schools as this will depend on how many in-area/in-feeder school children pass and choose the school, however, the school estimates that about one third of places go to children outside of the feeder schools - see the admissions policy linked from here:
http://www.kevigs.org/how-to-apply/4570836107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not sure how much the school would tell you after the closing date for applications at which stage they would have a pretty good idea of numbers as they would know how many in-area/feeder schools children had passed and applied - you could certainly try asking...
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Alex, thanks for the useful reply and checked the link you send me , so Looks like I'm welcomed to contact the school for any concerns and they could advise the likeiless of getting the place. So in the meantime, son need to practice well! Loads of reading to build up vocabulary !
Minniemooface

Post by Minniemooface »

Kevigs Louth results letters, if your child did not pass ,then the letter shows what score your child achieved in each test.

If you child has passed then it says in the recent entrance testing that **************** passed the test and is eligible for a place at Kevigs Grammar School. It then goes on to explain about the schools admissions policy, catchment, feeder schools etc. It then states we would either strongly recommend/recommend in order to guarantee ************** a place at the school, you must fill in the CAF and send to the local authority by the deadline.

I think it might also state if your child is average or borderline, but not 100 percent sure, as I only know people, who have received letters saying recommend or strongly recommend.

Just remember, that even if your child passes the test, that the letter does advise that it is simply notifying you of the results , and it is not an offer of a place, as the Local Education Authority decides all places. The best bet is if you pass, put your number one choice of school as 1st preference, to maximise your chances of getting in.

They will not tell you the actual scores, even if you phone up. Your child's primary schools knows, but teachers have been told / and advised not to give out them out.

I suppose the only way you might be able to find out , is if you ring the local education authority and ask . For example, if you wanted to send your child to a school say in Alford or Horncastle, and it came under a different local authority, then you would need to know the score to advise the different local authority and that school of your child's test score and see if it is enough to gain a place out of catchment.

Also if you are unsure of if your child would be suitable for a grammar school, and needed some more information, then knowing your childs score might help.