Lowest offer by AGS last year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cyclodad

Lowest offer by AGS last year?

Post by cyclodad »

Hi does anyone know the lowest offer made by AGS last year?
DS scored 212 which would put him on waiting list last year
We know its very unlikely but is there any chance he could sneak in this year?

Ranks as 524 all boys
235 Boys in southern circle
447 all children in southern circle

Scored
NVR 84.67
N 118.27
VR 110.75

We are gutted at NVR was always DS best subject - don;t know what went wrong, or what we can do about it?
BlueKnows

Re: Lowest offer by AGS last year?

Post by BlueKnows »

Hi Cyclodad NVR seems to of caught out DS as well as that was his lowest score..on another thread it say AGS lowest offer was the 464th southern child in 2015
so you might be in with a shout

Good Luck

AGS (150 places) -464th out of 1,249 southern children
Loverofolives

Post by Loverofolives »

If it's any help to you working out some stats my DS is in the same situation scoring 215 and wants AGS - he was 216 in SGC boys and ranks 409 in all SGC children.

He too considered NVR his best subject, but only scored 98.88! Would love to see some of the questions!!
cyclodad

Post by cyclodad »

BlueKnows wrote:Hi Cyclodad NVR seems to of caught out DS as well as that was his lowest score..on another thread it say AGS lowest offer was the 464th southern child in 2015
so you might be in with a shout

Good Luck

AGS (150 places) -464th out of 1,249 southern children

Thanks very much for the info - a chink of light maybe! can you show me the link for this please?

Cheers
BlueKnows

Post by BlueKnows »

I think this may be it...I'm pretty new to this forum but finding my way around it ....slowly :)

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cyclodad

Post by cyclodad »

thanks BS - finding my way around here also :D

So looking at AGS last year does this mean that if you were ranked 464th you got in?

2015 AGS (150 places) -464th out of 1,249 southern children

So if ranked 447th this time would it seem possible we will be offered a place at some point?
There seems to have been quite a few less taking this year as only 1037 in southern circle :
Loverofolives

Post by Loverofolives »

I think previous year's data can offer an indicator, but it really does depend on how many children opt for which schools, how many drop out of the race to go private etc, so unfortunately nothing is certain until this year's offers are made on March 1st!!
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

I've asked this elsewhere but I'm really confused. I had assumed 213 out of area for AGS was a definite no. Is that right? Even if the waiting list was 212 plus would they take all the in area children on those scores up first then the out of area children starting at the highest score?

Thanks!
cyclodad

Post by cyclodad »

Wish i understood this as well. I think we are in for a very nervous, long wait!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

In theory, yes, in priority circle kids are offered in first round.

In practice, all the kids are scored and ranked and both lists (in and out of area) are laid side by side and the AQS is drawn at or around the score of the child in position n where n is at or around the schools PAN. Then the offer on 1st March is made, with second round immediately after but effectively the school gets the top ranked kids.

This is a simplistic version of what happens...!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now