results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
avi

results

Post by avi »

hi my son got a place in handsworth grammer i am so happy congratulations to everyone :D
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations to your son :D
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
kegs dad 2

Post by kegs dad 2 »

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your son, wonderful news! :lol:
Kegs mom2
fm

Post by fm »

To Kenr, Dr Jalal, mm2 and many others who wished my daughter well,

Perhaps it was the power of your positive thought, but my daughter actually won a place at Camp Hill. She's still protesting that there must be some mistake but fairly pleased, as you can imagine.

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday but I had my tutor hat on for most the day.

Commiserations to those who didn't get what they wanted. Please don't lower your expectations because of it. Two of my pupils also didn't win a KE place despite being, in my opinion, more intelligent than others who did. There are factors like personality, quality of primary school and speed (rather than depth) of thought which come greatly into play.

As to KES/Camp Hill, can't see the dilemma myself. Save your money and send your boy to one of the best schools in Birmingham. You won't regret it!
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

fm
That's fantastic news. I've been thinking about your daughter this morning and hoping that she got the school that she wanted. Well done to you and your daughter.
mm2

Post by mm2 »

fm
outstanding news. no-one deserves more than you and your daughter .
HAve , like many others, been thinking of you.

congratulations .
As for the camphill/kes dilemma- you are right , and if you had asked me a few months ago it was a 'no brainer' but my son's personality may suit kes. Oh i don't know . One minute i'm certain of camphill next it's kes.

MAybe need a couple of days for it all to sink in and then decide.

thank you again and well done
fm

KES versus Camp Hill

Post by fm »

Last year I had 3 parents debating this and all ultimately chose Camp Hill and are very happy there.

Anyway, if he's idle or unsure of himself academically, choose KES.

If he's hard-working and confident, choose Camp Hill.

I doubt it will make that much difference in the long run.

I chose Camp Hill because eldest daughter had blotted her copybook at both Handsworth and Five Ways, so it was either Camp Hill or changing youngest daughter's name by deadpoll!
mm2

Post by mm2 »

thanks for your reply fm

the dilemma we face is that son is academically superb- has always put very little effort in and always comes out on top.
Secured scholarship and camphill with honestley very little coaching/ tutoring.
However he's personality is such that he is easy going and crazy about football and anything active.
I have no doubt he will step up his game to excel academically wherever he ends up, but he needs more stimulation outside of academia.

Hope this makes sense.

If anyone else can offer advice , i would be most grateful
TraineeDad

Post by TraineeDad »

Hi mm2

I think we really can't go wrong academically with either school.

However what impressed me about KES over Camp Hill was the general manners and confidence of the KES boys - it seemed liked any one of them could have been a "Head Boy"

I suspect this has alot to do with the Friday afternoon cadet training and generally more emphasis on non academic work than Camp Hill.

The Camp hill headmaster is due to leave this summer to go to Walsall Grammer - there will be a new head as well.
kegs dad 2

Post by kegs dad 2 »

fm
A massive well done to you and your daughter, you deserve it so much , we have all been waiting and hoping! Fantastic news!
Kegs mom2
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now