Mayfield catchment oversubscription

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Shevek

Mayfield catchment oversubscription

Post by Shevek »

DD passed the Mayfield test but not the Kent test (scored 314).

I've checked the over-subscription criteria and we are in the inner catchment area (DA3).

It states that if over subscription happens in any tier then the Kent test score will be used to determine places.

i.e. if more than the 145 girls are looked after and/or sibling and/or in the inner catchment are then the inner catchment area applications will be ordered by score.

Does anyone have any historical data for Mayfield?

How likely is the inner catchment area to be over-subscribed?

And if it is, would a non passing Kent test score of 314 mean DD likely wouldn't be offered a place?

TIA
ahu_ran

Re: Mayfield catchment oversubscription

Post by ahu_ran »

First of congratulations for passing the Mayfield test.:-)

As for your query: I am not an expert but this is what I gathered from their oversubscription criteria and the information meeting that took place on June 21st this year - the school prefers local candidates so they will take in candidates from inner catchment first be it from Kent test or Mayfield. They would give preference to candidate who have passed Kent test first and then Mayfield test which puts you in 2nd order of preference within the catchment. But historically the school was undersubscribed in 2014. In 2015 school took 134 from Kent test and 15 from Mayfield test.
In 2016: the school increased its Pan no from 145 to accommodate another 26 candidates. They did take in candidates from the outer or the last catchment ( I am not sure how many) implying that they accepted everyone in inner catchment area. Please note that is not first hand info and I have taken it from other people who got it through from the school or KCC.
You can always email the school if you want the data or if you are attending any open events you can discuss it with the school.
Shevek

Re: Mayfield catchment oversubscription

Post by Shevek »

Awesome, thank you

We are attending the open morning and evening on Thursday so will make sure to ask then!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now