Scores achieved - No names please, scores and schools only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
4u4life

Scores achieved - No names please, scores and schools only

Post by 4u4life »

Hi new to the site, tutoring my son myself :shock:

I saw a thread like this had been done for last year and thought it would be good for this year too, hope it is OK to copy the idea! 8)

I would like to congratulate all children who gained a future senior school place wherever they go. With the extra tuition they have done and with parent support they are sure to do well at their new schools.

I would be interested in scores to get a measurement of what is expected for future 11 plus and the schools.

BASED UPON PREVIOUS THREAD, PLEASE ONLY POST SCORES, SCHOOLS, & POSITIONS.

THANKS
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

Hi, I did find last year's results posts very helpful. It made me realise you don't have to score all 90% to be offered a Chelmsford Grammar place.
However, it caused lots of contention. People posted to say they thought it was just an excuse for parents to boast about their childrens scores. I disagree with this!!
The other negative was that people then commented on some scores in a negative way, claiming they were very low and questioning whether that particular birth year were below par academically - complete tosh as far as I'm concerned. The scores just reflect the difficulty of the test!

Also, as of January you have to be registered on site to post, so your name automatically appears - does anyone know any way round this?
Bev Bee

Post by Bev Bee »

The only way I can think of is to register under another name to post your scores. Not the most efficent way but it would keep your real identity secret.

I did say on several posts last year that it is not necessary to get 90% plus on all 3 papers. The VR is obviously the one the children need to score well on but the 90% for all papers rumour is completely untrue.
mumg

Post by mumg »

scores are in.............

they are all over the place on my email, and can't make head nor tail of them. have called csse, who said may be a technical problem, would not discuss the results over phone with me today, i have to ring back tomorrow. email says

* For Southend/Westcliff Grammar Schools there are two offer lists, one for children attending primary school within the ‘Southend Priority Area’ and one for children attending primary school outside the ‘Southend Priority Area’. There is a minimum 'passmark' for places awarded within the 'Southend Priority Area' of 303.00, below which your child will not appear on a school's offer list. However, a score above the passmark is not, in itself, a guarantee of a grammar school place.

We are unable to provide parents with the cut-off position (or last place offered) on any school offer list, as these are known only to the relevant Local Authority. The CSSE Office regrets that it is unable to assist parents with enquiries into offers, fill-ups or appeals. Please refer to the letter from your Local Authority if you have any queries about these issues.
4u4life

Post by 4u4life »

Bev Bee wrote:The only way I can think of is to register under another name to post your scores. Not the most efficent way but it would keep your real identity secret.
So are you saying this isn't a good idea?

Why the paranoia? How would anyone know who you are from your nickname and why would they care?

Sorry but I was just interested in stats and facts, don't understand the thinking behind this? :?

Not being argumentative :)
Bev Bee

Post by Bev Bee »

I was replying to Silver29 who asked if there was a way round people knowing who you are when you post your child's scores and I think this is a reasonable thing to want to hide. It is not paranoia. Some people do correspond by pm and may not want people to know what their child got.

You are right that it is just about stats etc but it is people's choice whether they want to post as anonomous or not. It will probably be a mixture of those that don't care and those that do. At the end of the day, as you say, it is the stats that people are interested in.
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

Have just received our e-mail and it is very difficult to understand.
Bwinkie
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Your child’s raw scores in the three tests are as follows:
English Score 40/50
Mathematics score 28/38
Verbal Reasoning Score 65/80
These three results are adjusted to take account of any variations in the difficulty of different papers each year and combined to produce your child's overall, standardised, weighted score of: 375.569

Code: Select all

School Preferences (alphabetical)|   Total    |Your     | Applicants |
                                 | Applicants |ranked   |   on your  |
                                 |            |position |ranked list*|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chelmsford County High School    |        634 |      28 |        634 |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nightnurse

Post by nightnurse »

Hi
my dd results are a huge shock, she scored way way below what she was doing in practise, (eng 52%, math 50% vr 47%) she regularly got above 90% on all practise papers, and I think the lowest she ever got was 80%. so something went horribly wrong on the day.
She's not wanting to go to the allocated local comp, in fact she is refusing!!!
What do I do!
KB

Post by KB »

Problem with the ranking information at the bottom is that the table is out of line with headings. The first figure appears to be number of children who put the school as first choice. The second figure is your child's rank out of that total. The third figure is the ranking specific to Southend area (explained at the bottom of the e-mail). If it is not a Southend area school the third figure will be the same as the first.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now