Appeal info (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Natashaw

Appeal info (Bucks)

Post by Natashaw »

My daughter received her results today and achieved a score of 116 I want to do a review. If my daughter scores high in the Herts test which she also took could I use the results for supporting evidence?.
Sally-Anne

Re: Appeal info

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Appeals Q&A is your friend: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Natashaw

Re: Bucks and Slough appeal

Post by Natashaw »

Morning, I've just come back from having a discussion with my daughter's head teacher about 11plus results her score was 116. I'm now extremely confused about the process appeal/review I've been told that as she did not make the qualifying mark we can only do the selection review an appeal isn't possible is this correct?. also when the school submitted their report regarding her suitably for grammar it was 3 which I'm extremely surprised about. I just need some advice, I went into the head teachers office confident that I wanted to go for a appeal and have come out very jaded and totally confused about the process. Can you please let me know because of her results her only option is the selection review if that's the case I feel with the report the school has already submitted her chances are extremely slim. Thank you
Etienne

Re: Bucks and Slough appeal

Post by Etienne »

Hi
I've merged your post with your earlier topic.
Please stick to one thread on Appeals (your own).
Natashaw wrote:I've been told that as she did not make the qualifying mark we can only do the selection review an appeal isn't possible is this correct?.
No it isn't - it's completely wrong.

What we have written in the Q&As is correct:
    • (i) Parents can opt for a review or for an appeal
      - or for both
      (but an unsuccessful review could have serious implications for any subsequent appeal because the Appeals Code states that, provided the review was ‘fair, consistent and objective’, no other issues can be considered at appeal).
      http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e9b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Natashaw

Re: Appeal info (Bucks)

Post by Natashaw »

Thank you for the info again, I did read that the first time it's just when I mentioned that to the head teacher he stressed in no uncertain terms that an appeal would not be possible as she didn't get the qualifying mark and the review was my absolute ONLY option. I feel certain it will be the appeal i will go for without the review as for me it seems like the best option.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Is this a Bucks Primary? If so then may I suggest that your Head reads the information on the Bucks website?

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/340086 ... tion-2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The flow chart makes it quite clear ...
Natashaw

Post by Natashaw »

It is a bucks primary school, I will certainly be making that suggestion.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now