Oxford prep history

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Oxford prep history

Post by moved »

DD has decided that she would like to give Oxford a go. She will have to prepare the MLAT (French test) and the HAT (history test). She's quite relaxed as she will reapply to Bristol, Exeter and Warwick.

Does anyone know of any online support with the history test. She would like to have some guidance to check she is on the right track. She'd like to start her prep in October, fortunately she read some good literature last year for French as she nearly applied last time. I'm fairly certain school will help as they're usually very supportive but she won't be able to go in.
moved

Re: Oxford prep history

Post by moved »

DD went on a one day course in London which she found very helpful. Everyone there though had tutors and lots of support from school.
Guest55

Re: Oxford prep history

Post by Guest55 »

I would have thought she could have a go at the past papers and e-mail them to staff?

http://www.history.ox.ac.uk/history-aptitude-test-hat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the sort of thing my school have done in the past.

There is also some stuff on The Student Room and I will PM you a website I found as I don't know how good it is.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now