That Website

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Peter

That Website

Post by Peter »

Whilst it is pleasing to see the information on "that website" being recycled on elevenplusexams, it is sad that the source cannot be quoted. A lot of research is put in to make information freely available to parents and it is a pity that only those in the know can access it directly, whilst no credit is given for the work carried out.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Peter

Peter as you know, yes you have some free information BUT you charge for consultations, therefore your website cannot be advertised on the forum.

I would recommend that anyone wishing to appeal, firstly read the the free Q and A section on this website, written by Etienne [an expert on appeals] and then post a message in the appeals section.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php

Patricia
Peter

Post by Peter »

Dear Patricia,

Yes I fully understand and was not trying to rock the boat this time!!! Just observing that a proportion of the large amount of information on my website dedicated to Kent and Medway issues has a habit of turning up on the forum unattributably.

Peter
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I think elevenplusexams is a fantastic site; however, it is a shame that Peter's work cannot be acknowledged on here. All the information therin is free... and specific to Kent and Medway. I wish Kent and Medway parents could access it as a link from elevenplusexams.
I'm not breaking rules if I pm people details am I? I am wholly unconnected to Peter... so... can I say... pm me if you want to know where to find some Kent and Medway specific info?
Or is this going to get deleted?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Belinda

Parents cannot access Peters site from this forum because he Charges for his services.

Relevant appeal information can be obtained from this website Q and A

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php

Any questions can be then answered on the forum [freely]

Patricia
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Thank you for your reply Patricia,
Yes, I do understand that, but Peter doesn't charge for access to the information on the website!
There are lots of courses/papers etc that are advertised on this site... They charge! What's the difference with Peter's site? It offers invaluable information. Surely parents are able to make up their own minds about whether to enlist his services or not - no more, or less than parents who make up their own minds as to whether they wish to purchase papers from this site, or sign up for one of the courses advertised? What's the difference?
Kind Regards,
Belinda
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Belinda
Belinda wrote:Thank you for your reply Patricia,
Yes, I do understand that, but Peter doesn't charge for access to the information on the website!
This website does not charge for access to it either, the Q and A page covers the relevant information.
Belinda wrote:There are lots of courses/papers etc that are advertised on this site... They charge! What's the difference with Peter's site?
Belinda
If links were allowed to websites, paricularly those that charge for a service [especially when the necessary free information can be found on this website] then the floodgates would be open for all and sundry, making it hard to police ie is the information being given correct.

Patricia
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Thank you Patricia for your reply,
It's very kind of you to explain,
Kind Regards,
Belinda
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

Umm... But the Kent specific information can't be found on this site can it? Instead there is a load of completely WRONG information on the Kent regional page! Peter's site contains a lot of information on Kent tests, facts and figures and individual schools. It's not all about appeals. I found it very informative when choosing schools. I had no need to make any appeal.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Much of this argument would be superfluous if the Kent regional information (presented by a business that charges for it services) was not so patently incorrect and misleading. Surely there has to be some room for compromise, particularly as Peter is reasonably complementary about elevenplusexams on his site.