Come on Warwickshire! Where is everyone? :roll:

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Charlotte67

Come on Warwickshire! Where is everyone? :roll:

Post by Charlotte67 »

Any news / thoughts / grumbles / gossip / questions ??
magwich

Post by magwich »

Is anyone else out there as annoyed as I am at how long we were kept waiting for the test scores? Other counties knew their scores 10 DAYS after their child sat the 11+!
I had an infuriating conversation with some jobsworth at the county council who kept insisting that he COULD not give me the results and just did not see that what he actually meant was that he WOULD not!
I shall certainly complain if only to try and help next years parents (and myself in 4 years!!)
magwich

Post by magwich »

Just a thought -
After all the reporting and letters in the press about cheating with many correspondents blaming the private schools for everything under the sun, my childs private school has achieved a startling increase in passes in this cheat proof 11+.
Perhaps it wasn't the private schools after all!
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I was wondering whether it might be worth us posting results (anonymously!) as they are doing in the Essex forum... but it might be a bit of a waste of time because the exam will be completely different again next year!

However, our letter did say that 886 children took the South Warwickshire test this year - to get into three schools with intakes of 90 (Alcester), 75 (KES) and 75 (Stratford Grammar).
magwich

Post by magwich »

Well I'll start off if you like.
DD got raw scores of 77 out of 80 in VR1 - standardised to 141 (june birthday)and 73 out of 80 in VR2 - standardised to 129. Total of 270.
It would certainly give us some idea of the secretive standardisation process if some more people would provide information.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Yes, Magwich. I agree!! Crazy that it takes sooo long to tell us the scores. So many people who were successful have spent months worrying and have invested money, time and emotion on private school entrance exams that were unnecessary. Also, those that were unsuccessful could have spent the time looking at other options.

Having said this though, DD said to me this morning, "Why do they have to tell us so early? I've lost interest in primary school now" ! :roll: !

Warks Mum - great to "see" you! East Warks figure were: (only) 739 children sat 11+ this year - hundreds fewer than usual. Now that you have to opt in instead of out I imagine the children with less parental support will miss out.

218 grammar places were offered. 94 RHS, 94 LSS, 30 Ashlawn Selective.

Pass mark was 214.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

We weren't told raw scores.

Wow, magwich, GREAT scores. Well done her!! Were you given a position number?
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

In South Warks the "pass" marks were:

Alcester 222
KES and Stratford 226

We weren't given the raw scores either...
magwich

Post by magwich »

Yes - joint sixth
She worked really hard but was actually lucky with her june birthday!
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Magwich. East or South Warks?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now