Parents Visit to School

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jemima

Parents Visit to School

Post by jemima »

Hi, I thought I report on a visit I undertook at a school in Bucks yesterday. Parents were invited (yr10 parents) to watch lessons and be in school for the morning. The aim was to improve communication between home and school and the partnership between school and parents.

I had a great time. I have since told my children how priveleged they are to have such skilled and knowledgeable teachers and that the ethos of the school was so friendly.

We hear about poor schools and bad behaviour so often and so I was very pleasantly surprised that even at times when no staff were about (between lessons etc) the students were all behaving sensibly.

The lessons moved forward with really good pace and the children were all really engaged. I am aware we were probably put in the best classes but we did have a choice of subjects and when I looked through windows on the way to classes I saw students were all focussed.

It's so refreshing to feel confident I am sending my children to a really good school and that they are learning. ( I knew they were doing OK from results etc, and now I know why!)

Jem
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hi there

Sounds like you enjoyed your day. I will be looking at schools for my daughter later in the year are you able to disclose which school you refer to?? You can send me a PM if you prefer.

Mel
jemima

visit

Post by jemima »

mel X, I've sent you a pm

Jem
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's not the first time this school has done this - other Bucks schools also do similar.