redbridge schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tami

redbridge schools

Post by tami »

hi , I wonder if anyone can help me understand the redbridge schools allocation this year.
we have been allocated our sixth school on the list and have been placed on a distance related waiting list for ilford county. This seems different to previous years :cry:
There is no borderzone this year.
Tami
shah

Post by shah »

my DD did not get into woodford. i just feel numb with shock
she didnt get into any schools in redbridge they've offered us to apply for hainault forest or mayfield?

dont know what to do
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Shah,
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.I know exactly how you feel because I was in the same position as you last year.My daugther was also offered the 2 schools you mentioned above.Did you put your local comp as second choice?I can't believe you have not been offered any of your preferences on your list.Is she on the waiting list for woodford? When I phoned the LEA last year,I was told to phone schools in the nearby boroughs to see if they have any places available if you are not keen on MF AND HF.
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Tami,
Do you know how far on the list your son is.Someone told me yesterday that the results format is different from last year.Try phoning the LEA to see if they can shed anymore light on your situation.
tami

Post by tami »

thanks for your replies, we have been offered mf which is our catchment school. haven,t called the lea yet. I was waiting to see how far he was from the essex grammers passmark as my elder son is presently at shsb.Then will take it from there. His nvr was poor so he only scored 220 as opposed to 227 for ilford
Tami
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Tami,
220 is a good score. your DS did very well indeed.I know someone who has scored well below this and is also on the waiting list.So you'll never know.Fingers crossed.
tami

Post by tami »

hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DS has been offered WHSB, his standardised score was 331.16 :lol:
good news after all.
Tami
tami

Post by tami »

hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good news after all.
Tami
tami

Post by tami »

good news after all.
Tami
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Tami,
Well done to you and your DS.It must have been a huge relief.Enjoy the moment.