Selective schools in Bexley/Kent

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Selective schools in Bexley/Kent

Post by Guest »

Hi there
Can anyone in Kent/Bexley please let me know if we choose all selective schools on the admission forms for next year come Sept
what is the chance of getting into at least one of them, especially when most of them but one dont mind you making them your number one choice ??
helen

selective schools

Post by helen »

I am unsure about the answer to your question but there is an excellent Local Authority book for entrance in 2007 which if you child is a year 6 you should have received from the junior school last week. My daughter isn't due entrance until 2008 but I contacted the Local Authority (Kent County Concil in Maidstone) and they sent me the book, it is very useful and it may answer your question.
helen

selective schools

Post by helen »

I am unsure about the answer to your question but there is an excellent Local Authority book for entrance in 2007 which if you child is a year 6 you should have received from the junior school last week. My daughter isn't due entrance until 2008 but I contacted the Local Authority (Kent County Concil in Maidstone) and they sent me the book, it is very useful and it may answer your question.
07helen

selective schools

Post by 07helen »

Re: Selective schools in Bexley/Kent

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Hi there
Can anyone in Kent/Bexley please let me know if we choose all selective schools on the admission forms for next year come Sept
what is the chance of getting into at least one of them, especially when most of them but one dont mind you making them your number one choice ??
Hi

If you put selective schools only on your Common Applaication Form then your child MUST pass the 11+.. If he/she doesn't pass then you have not shown a preference for a non-selective school. In this case the Local Authority will assume you do not care where you child goes if he/she doesn't pass and will offer you any old rubbish that is left!!!

I do know what you are going through...my daughter is taking the 11+ in November and the choice we have in Bexley is NO CHOICE as the over subscription criteria is diabolical. Our non selective choices are Bexlyheath School, Bexleyheath School and finally Bexleyheath School. Looks like she might get a place a Bexleyheath School if she is deemed non selective.

Good Luck