"Admission Impossible" (9 p.m. tonight)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

"Admission Impossible" (9 p.m. tonight)

Post by Etienne »

Someone drew attention to "Admission Impossible" elsewhere in the forum a week or two ago.

Just a reminder that part 2 is on channel 4 at 9 o'clock this evening.

The grass isn't necessarily greener outside Buckinghamshire .................
Etienne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Etienne

Admission Impossible. Agree with your comment.

I have began telling my students they have never had it so good!.Any moaning and they can have 2 hours work everyday after school, followed by 4 hours on a Saturday and Sunday, their faces are a picture! I am no longer that dragon that makes them complete tests!

I did feel sorry for some of those children, in particular the boy last week that thought any child coming out of a comp would not be a very nice person! I actually found my self liking the boy, he was in complete awe of his father, in my opinion, bordering on fear.

Patricia
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Patricia

Yes, I felt for last week's lad who had to do three hours' preparation an evening! I can't see dad relaxing very much even after getting the place they wanted. The boy will be under pressure at least until university!

Then there was the father last night who said "I'm gutted," when they all read the result. No wonder the poor boy burst into tears ........
Etienne
Bucks Emma

Post by Bucks Emma »

I feel most for the single mother who sold her car to try and raise funds for her gifted son to attend an independent school and take up his 50% fees scholarship.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Yes, perhaps some sponsors will come forward now that the programme has been screened.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now