Faversham Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Denise

Faversham Schools

Post by Denise »

Hello!

I have been lurking for a while and posted a couple of times on Bucks, but my DH now has a probable job offer near Faversham.

I've looked at the schools and the Abbey School seems to be the best school. Can anyone tell me more?

I don;t know if anything will come of this, but I want to be ready for it.

We really want to go down there as a family for a day to find out more about the area. Can anyone suggest a good family restaurant we can go to?

Sorry if I'm getting in the way of all the results and appeals. I think that if we move to Kent we will all have the same worries as we do in Bucks. Goodluck to all of you!

Thank you!

Denise
heronsfly

Post by heronsfly »

Queen Elizabeth GS, is in Faversham great school but can be very over subscribed not sure yet about this year though.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Not sure about this area, Denise but have a friend who lives down that way, will find out this weekend and come back to you...
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Hi, Denise,

Have been through Faversham on a few occasions on way to kiddos' sports events. We love our food but don't know what you fancy.

There's Mr. Wu's and The Raj Indian Cuisine at West St, Penny's Pantry at East St, the Gaslight Fish Bar and Jadz in Preston street.

There's also Little Chef but if you are looking for something luxurious, Premier Cru in Boughton might be a treat.

Don't know about schools in the area, sorry.
Denise

Post by Denise »

Laid back son worried mum wrote: There's also Little Chef but if you are looking for something luxurious, Premier Cru in Boughton might be a treat.
OOOH! I have a terrible weakness for the Little Chef all day breakfast!

Premier Cru sounds nice though.

Thanks for the replies everyone - that will get us started, and I've got a bit more information on schools now as well.

Denise
clairewp

Re: Faversham Schools

Post by clairewp »

Hi i live in sittingbourne,but come from faversham originally, there are only two secondary schools in faversham The QE which is grammer and The ABBEY which is comp. obvs the QE is the better of the schools as the abbey is a large school that takes all the children that don,t make it through the 11+.
When i went to the ABBEY it was not a bad school at all but have heard that it has gone down hill a little, but this maybe hearsay.

As for food places Faversham is quite a small town with very little in the way of shops or food outlets, but as someone has said they have a great buffet Chinese restaurant.
Hope this helps.
claire
heronsfly

Post by heronsfly »

Hi again,ive had another think about this I live between Canterbury and Faversham, it would be worth widening your serch on schools some Faversham children travel to Canterbury,Whitstable and Herne bay.We have some really good schools within easy distance good luck.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

PLENTY of nice places to eat in Canterbury

:D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now