Fractions

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lee

Fractions

Post by Lee »

Is there a neat way to revise some key 11+ Maths topics when doing short journey's in the car? :roll:

Revision

Post by Guest »

One way I discovered is to use something that the child is familiar with such as a clock, and then count up or down the fractions e.g. 60/60 = 1, 59/60, 58/60=29/30, 57/60=19/20, 56/60=14/15, 55/60=11/12 ... 45/60=3/4, 30/60=1/2 etc. This way the child not only relates to the fractions being already familiar with half-past, quarter-past etc, he or she will be then aslo be working out factors and lowest common denominators etc. Hope this tip helps you. One word of warning, make sure there are no other adults in the car, they tend to get competitive with the child! Sally
Dee

Fractions

Post by Dee »

When I ordered from this website I received a couple of free laminates on maths which had some diagrams on fractions which my daughter found really useful. The can be seen in revision aids section under the free downloads section.
Ilesh, London

Fractions

Post by Ilesh, London »

Thanks for the tip, Dee - I found the downloads and they are pretty useful.
wanadoo

Re: Fractions

Post by wanadoo »

Lee wrote:Is there a neat way to revise some key 11+ Maths topics when doing short journey's in the car? :roll:
    wanadoo .co.uk

fractions

Post by wanadoo .co.uk »

What does the exams consist of for the eleven plus
    Friendly Hand

Maths Exam Subjects

Post by Friendly Hand »

The subjects covered in Maths is in the TIPS section :idea:
    forumadmin
    Site Admin

Re: Maths Exam Subjects

Post by forumadmin »

Friendly Hand wrote:The subjects covered in Maths is in the TIPS section :idea:
    :!: TIPS section is now called as ADVICE section.
    11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now