Harvey Grammar Folkestone v Dover Boys Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
denis denis

Harvey Grammar Folkestone v Dover Boys Grammar

Post by denis denis »

Just been talking to a friend whose son got into Harvey Grammar in Folkestone. This friend was slightly smug about the fact that only boys who pass the Kent test can get into HG, whereas DGBS takes boys who have failed the Kent test but passed the Dover test, therefore the standard of boys must be higher at Harvey Grammar. Is this right? I'd never really thought about it before, I suppose it is :?
dadofkent

Re: Harvey Grammar Folkestone v Dover Boys Grammar

Post by dadofkent »

denis denis wrote:Just been talking to a friend whose son got into Harvey Grammar in Folkestone. This friend was slightly smug about the fact that only boys who pass the Kent test can get into HG, whereas DGBS takes boys who have failed the Kent test but passed the Dover test, therefore the standard of boys must be higher at Harvey Grammar. Is this right? I'd never really thought about it before, I suppose it is :?
Not local to you. But I assume also you can get into HG having passed the Kent test, and failed the Dover test.
louise72

Dover Grammar

Post by louise72 »

As I Understand it Dovers pass mark for their test is 118 but they have four tests which then marks are pooled together and divided by four. Children who take this test will have had to have taken HG test as well.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I think the Dover test just gives them a bit more information on the children and the head is prepared to consider boys who have maybe not passed on teh kent test. The Dover test is a few days after the Kent test and also has an English test.

There is little difference in the schools, if anyhthing I think Dover is getting the better reputation.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now