Kendrick Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mumm

Kendrick Waiting List

Post by mumm »

Hi
We are on the waiting list for Kendrick (no 20) and I thought some may be interested to know I called the admin lady at Kendrick last week and she told me they have already sent offer letters to the first 9 on the waiting list and that last year they offered down to no 28! So if anyone is still waiting like me, there is still hope.

Mumm :)
Bewildered

Re: Kendrick Waiting List

Post by Bewildered »

mumm wrote:Hi
We are on the waiting list for Kendrick (no 20) and I thought some may be interested to know I called the admin lady at Kendrick last week and she told me they have already sent offer letters to the first 9 on the waiting list and that last year they offered down to no 28! So if anyone is still waiting like me, there is still hope.

Hi Mumm,

Welcome to the forum :D

Thankyou for this information. As you say there is still hope :D

Good Luck! Will keep my fingers crossed for you...

:D

BW
stevew61

Re: Kendrick Waiting List

Post by stevew61 »

mumm wrote:Kendrick last year they offered down to no 28! So if anyone is still waiting like me, there is still hopeMumm :)
:shock: :shock: Thanks mumm for sharing the info.

Good luck & best wishes, :) :)

stevew61
mumm

Kendrick Waiting List

Post by mumm »

Thank you both for your kind wishes

We have been offered Slough Grammar which was our 2nd choice so if we dont get a place its not the end of the world but having got so close to Kendrick I cant yet give up on it....so more waiting for us.

Her friends got 116 and 114 and both got in but my DD got 112 (joint rank 110) and ended up at no 20 so there must have been lots of girls who got a place who were between those 2 points!!!

Will let you know how we get on

mumm

Post by mumm »

Just thought I would add an update .

We are now No 2 on the waiting list but unfortunatley, Kendrick have now had all 93 places accepted so there is not any further movement expected :evil:

So that means that last year they went down to No 28 on the waiting list and this year they have gone to No 18 and this year there were 518 applicants and a score of 113.5 and above was needed to gain a 1st round place.

Might be of some use for next years hopefulls

Mumm
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

mumm wrote:Might be of some use for next years hopefulls

Mumm
Mumm,

Sorry list has not moved far enough for you. You have been very generous in sharing information.

Still a small chance? Four months to go a couple of the 93 might have a change of mind or change of circumstances, lets hope one parent wins the lottery and becomes a tax exile and another gets a dream job far away. :)

In the meantime you have a good plan B, which is now plan A. :wink:

Best wishes,

steve
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi mumm,

Sorry to hear your DD hasn't quite made it (yet?). She must be the unluckiest girl out of the 518 candidates - apart of course from the girl currently at No. 1.

But, I'm glad to hear she has a place at Slough Grammar. I know of a girl who is much further down the Kendrick reserve list and has been allocated the 'least popular' school in Reading, so you are fortunate compared to her.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you for a happy ending!

Ella
Ella

Post by Ella »

An afterthought on my post above...

I mentioned elsewhere that my DP had sight of our DD's papers (simply because he was curious as to where she had gone wrong and for no other reason). Anyway, my DP felt that there were possibly 2-3 questions on the Verbal paper that were either ambiguous or had been harshly marked incorrectly.

In our case, it wouldn't have made a scrap of difference, but if our DD had been borderline, we *might* have been tempted to appeal.

I expect you've already covered that angle, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Ella
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Ella wrote:I mentioned elsewhere that my DP had sight of our DD's papers
Ella
Ella,

Thanks for sharing that, interesting that if you ask you can get to see the papers. This forum has provided a lot of shared knowledge on Kendrick over the last few months. I am very grateful to people like yourself who even after a disappointment take the time and trouble to put something back into the forum. Thanks. :)

steve
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Thankyou Mumm and Ella for sharing this information. Quite agree with Steve61, Information on Kendrick has ,until this years 11+, been quite elusive. Nice to see a bit more of it!!

Mumm, hopefully a couple of children will decide that private is better and your DD will get in. It's good to know that she will still be going to a very good school anyway :D