help for appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
awsomegr8

help for appeal

Post by awsomegr8 »

hi
can practice test before the real test can be considered for an appeal as DD has medical condition aswell as DD did well in practice and was stressed in real because of her condition
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Tricky?........
The reason for the practice test before the real one is to make the children familiar with the format and question types.Many kids including my DD found the practice test harder then the real one.But this is not the case with your DD.Having to do another test soon after was a disadvantage for your daughter because of her condition.Were the examiners made aware of this.I would assume you wrote any allergies/problems on her applicatiom from beforehand.
Unfortunately what I have written above does not answer your question.All I can say is there is no harm in mentioning the situation to the school or LEA,or perhaps someone on this forum with some experience can offer you better advise.
Good luck.
capers123

Re: help for appeal

Post by capers123 »

awsomegr8 wrote:hi
can practice test before the real test can be considered for an appeal as DD has medical condition aswell as DD did well in practice and was stressed in real because of her condition
Have you evidence that your DD had medical problems on the day, and was the invigilator/school made aware of that at the time?

The normal advice is that if your child is unwell on the day of the exam is to postpone, and take it a couple of weeks later.
Capers
awsomegr8

Post by awsomegr8 »

hi capers,

she suffers from eczema and feels hot and itchy sometimes when she is stressed but she seems to have done well on her second paper ....she is only 2 points away from passing
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now