Anyone else waiting for scores from GCC?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

proud mum x2

Anyone else waiting for scores from GCC?

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Gloucestershire on this blustery morning! wondered if anyone else had requested test scores from the G.C.C. for Denmark Road?
I requested the scores over a week ago, ans as yet have heard nothing,also, do you know if it will the standardised scores I should receive or the raw scores?
sem

Post by sem »

Hi Proud Mum

Yes, I phoned them on Monday 3rd March and received the results by post on Thursday 6th March.

I'm afraid I don't know much about raw or standardised scores ( sorry )
so the scores I had were the marks for each paper.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

thanks Sem, perhaps I'll ring them again,thinking I may have been at the bottom of someones very big pile!
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi, just an update- rang the county council re. scores, someone forgot to send out letter! Oh well that's ok then! If I did my job that well I would be unemployed!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Why am I not surprised! I suppose in their defence they have been busy the last couple of weeks!

I wonder if Gloucestermum has received her allocation email yet...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

I know they have been busy......but they still have a job to do the "girl" I spoke to no the first occasion did sound half asleep, maybe she was suffering from 11 plus fever too! poor gloucestermum, it is horrible waiting, at least she has the result though!

Is your son looking forward to the prospect of his new school?

My DD is actually mentioning it sometimes now, still a bit scared I think, a big change and she doesn't like change much!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

DS is very laid back about the whole affair...maybe it's a "boy" thing....I suspect he will get nervous on his first morning but that'll be it.

I remember as an 11 year old being extremely nervous/excited/emotional about leaving friends in the transition period between schools....and finding it extremely daunting moving to "big" school...but thankfully they make it easier these days - DS is getting to spend the day with his form tutor and class - something I definitely wasn't privvy to!

At least your DD will have big bro' looking out for her - that could be an advantage....or disadvantage :wink: :wink:
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi, yes big Bruv will be there, he has pointed out they they won't see much of each other though! When he started there for about three weeks he had "jelly legs".
In the car, every day we assessed his jelliness, and it gradually lessened,he was always fine when he actually got in the school , it was the bit before!

DD is a different kettle of fish though,locks everything in.....doesn't like to admit worries, sees it as a sign of weakness, she has NEVER cried at school since early years! I wish sometimes I could "mix up" their emotions,(each have a bit of each others) but...they are what they are! we all understand her though,even her friends at primary say,"oh, Katie she's tough,she never cries !"

I hope your DS enjoys his taster day,there are so many more challenges for them at senior school,and lots more friends to make.My DD is bidng her time now,and probably this "waiting" bit is hard for them all. They "sort of" want to leave the "safe" familiar environment, yet it is a big and final change in their young lives.

They will be fine, I sometimes wish I had it all in front of me now!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Still haven't had the email!!!!
Had the Tommie scores letter a few days after requesting it.

Still keep thinking about these last few weeks-I was reading a few of our posts from months ago,how worried we all were,talking about waiting lists,appeals etc-now it all seems like an age ago!

Wishing anybody who is planning to go to appeal in Gloucestershire the very best of luck!!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I still cannot believe that we got the news we did...what a wild ride it was from November....I still don't think the news has sunk in properly.

Can't believe the email never arrived for you Gloucestermum...just think if you hadn't thought to look on the admissions website, who knows how long we would all have been awake that night!

Not really good enough!

Warning to next year's parents...don't rely on the email system!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now