Allocation profiles Year 8

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hertsdad

Post by hertsdad »

Sally-Anne

Do you have any similar data for Year 8 entry?

(sorry not sure about protocol for posting to Stickys - feel free to delete and/or PM)

Thanks
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Hertsdad

I have nudged you next door! (Stickies are generally not used for discussion, and you will find most of them are locked for that reason. However I left that one open in case anyone had more figures or data to contribute.

I don't have any similar data for Year 8, and I am not aware that any is published. The nearest indicator you will get on Year 8 places at CHS is these tables. The 2008 census should appear on this page before long, and that will allow us to see the trend.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/leade ... n_roll.asp

I hear that there was at least one child allocated a place from Out-of-County in Year 8 this year.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
hertsdad

Post by hertsdad »

Sally-Anne you are a star! :D This is really useful stuff, and certainly gives us some hope; will definitely be interested when this year's data comes out.

Out of interest did something odd happen with the 2004 entry, or have there been changes to the class size, as it looks like it started high (181) and went even higher (192) in Y8, whereas all the other years peak out about 180, which is the official year size.

I definitely owe you a bunch of flowers for all your assistance; many thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi hertsdad

All I can assume is that there were rather a lot of successful Transfer Appeals that year.

Come to think of it, I did once hear a rumour that the school was oversubscribed in one particular year, and the pupils couldn't do cookery because the numbers exceeded some Health & Safety regulation or other.

Sally-Anne
hertsdad

Post by hertsdad »

Sally Anne, Etienne & all others who have helped

Just wanted to voice my appreciation of everyone's assistance & support, as I no longer need to post on here - DS has just been offered a place at one of the Watford consortium schools he missed out on originally, so we are finally sorted! It's been quite a journey but you've all been a great help. Keep up the Good Work !! :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi hertsdad

That is excellent news - patience really is a virtue, isn't it? :D

Please don't leave us completely - your experience will be helpful to others in future if you can find the time to drop in.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes hertsdad,

Do stay around and help others - I'm still here and my child is in Year 9 :lol:
hertsdad

Post by hertsdad »

Oh all right then, how can I refuse such nice requests :wink: I'll pop in occasionally to ay hello!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Congratulations, hertsdad!

So very pleased to read your good news.
Etienne