12+ Advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ambridge

12+ Advice

Post by Ambridge »

We are doing revision in preparation for the 12+ in early April. It's going ok (but then again it went quite well for the 11+!!!)....

Did I read somewhere that the 12+ (85q's in 45min) will only cover 12/13 of the question types in the one test?

If anyone's child can remember, were they of the same standard/difficulty as the 11+ or were they harder to take into account the child being 18 months older?

Regards

Ambridge - aka 12+Elf

(Sorry Sally-Anne, don't want to be 'House Elf' as in HP films, getting near the big 5-0 and I keep picturing wizened image of House Elf as I look in mirror in mornings!!)
Sally-Anne

Re: 12+ Advice

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Ambridge
Ambridge wrote:(Sorry Sally-Anne, don't want to be 'House Elf' as in HP films, getting near the big 5-0 and I keep picturing wizened image of House Elf as I look in mirror in mornings!!)
You are welcome to be a 12+ Elf instead!

The questions are of exactly the same standard as the 11+ - just a few more in a few minutes less.

Yes, only half the question types will feature in the test, but the problem is that you don't know which half! There will (on past performance) definitely be one Type Z question, and as always it should be left to the end.

Thinking of you - fingers crossed!

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Good luck Ambridge - the other positive is that they are standardised in a different way so most children seem to improve on 11+ score by quite a lot.

Hang in there - which schools are you hoping for? Pm me if you prefer.